"Alice Springs" Alice Springs by grkboiler
Alice Springs Travel Guide: 372 reviews and 1,182 photos
I didn't get to spend much time in Alice Springs. I stayed at a hostel called Annie's Place. It was clean, the staff was great, and the meals were cheap. Couldn't ask for anything more. Oh yeah, the rooms were air conditioned!
The town itself is very quiet and safe. Many places closed early. There were a few decent restaurants. I ate at the Red Ochre Grill, and it was great. I had wallaby. I would highly recommend it.
There are a few good shops in town if you want Australian souvenirs, and a couple Internet cafes. That was really all I saw in Alice Springs, because the next day I left on a backpacking tour to see Ayers Rock.
By the way, if you decide to take a tour, you can book at Annie's Place for Mulga's Adventures. It is definitely worth it - guaranteed good time.
If you are backpacking through Australia, the best value and best way to see Uluru (Ayers Rock) and Watarrka National... more travel advice
Uluru - Kata Tjuta National Park is a long drive from Alice Springs and is the reason many people pass through the town.... more travel advice
grkboiler's Related Pages
Alice Springs Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Base for 2010 VT Survivor Camp and Meet"
- "Rolling, rolling, rolling on the river......"
- "Alice Springs - not just in the middle of Nowhere"
- "Jewel in the crown"
- "IMPREXXION: ALICE SPRINGS"
- "Welcome to The Alice"
- "What I Liked About The Alice"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Alice Springs
- Hotels in Alice Springs
- Transportation in Alice Springs
- Nightlife in Alice Springs
- Restaurants in Alice Springs
- Shopping in Alice Springs
- Warnings and Dangers in Alice Springs
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Alice Springs
- 8 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Alice Springs?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Alice Springs
Top 10 Pages
- Chicago Intro, 110 reviews, 135 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 111 reviews, 133 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 87 reviews, 112 photos, 5 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 82 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 63 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indianapolis Intro, 42 reviews, 79 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 53 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 50 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bratislava Intro, 33 reviews, 55 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 40 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues