"Alice Springs" Alice Springs by grkboiler

Alice Springs Travel Guide: 391 reviews and 1,233 photos

I didn't get to spend much time in Alice Springs. I stayed at a hostel called Annie's Place. It was clean, the staff was great, and the meals were cheap. Couldn't ask for anything more. Oh yeah, the rooms were air conditioned!

The town itself is very quiet and safe. Many places closed early. There were a few decent restaurants. I ate at the Red Ochre Grill, and it was great. I had wallaby. I would highly recommend it.

There are a few good shops in town if you want Australian souvenirs, and a couple Internet cafes. That was really all I saw in Alice Springs, because the next day I left on a backpacking tour to see Ayers Rock.

By the way, if you decide to take a tour, you can book at Annie's Place for Mulga's Adventures. It is definitely worth it - guaranteed good time.

• Last visit to Alice Springs: Jul 2001
  • Intro Updated Nov 20, 2003

• Myndo's Profile Photo
    May 9, 2006 at 12:05 PM

Your tip about the walking around and that the outer resorts are too far for the is sooo true! I was told ours was close to the centre when I booked. A 40 minute walk I would not call that. Good page here. Corinne

• karin_kamphuis's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2004 at 4:40 AM

thanks for the tip of annie'splace. We''re gonna stay there in october. Looking forward to see ayers and the outback. Greetings Karin

• ZanieOR's Profile Photo
    May 2, 2004 at 11:34 PM

Ever since I read the book "A Town Like Alice" and then saw the Masterpiece Theatre" production, I've wanted to see Alice Springs. Thanks for your tips!

Badges & Stats in Alice Springs

Have you been to Alice Springs?

Latest Activity in Alice Springs