"Melbourne" Melbourne by grkboiler
Melbourne Travel Guide: 3,373 reviews and 7,594 photos
I spent 6 months living in Melbourne as a "student" (no comment) at RMIT University in Melbourne. Of course, I spent more time exploring and making friends than in class. I lived just outside of the city in Carlton. It was about a 10 minute walk from my door to the CBD.
Of all the places I have been, Melbourne was the hardest to leave. It has everything - culture, food, sports, shopping, you name it. It was recently named one of the most livable cities in the world, and it is easy to understand why once you live there for a while.
The things I miss most are the food, the sports, and the people. The food is incredible - you can find a restaurant for any type of food imaginable. And after you finish eating, there are plenty of places to go for entertainment and nightlife.
The sports are great - Melbourne has very avid sports fans. And the people are almost always very friendly and very enthusiastic about their city.
It is also a city loaded with museums and cultural events. The scenery is beautiful, and the beaches are very nice. There is good shopping for every taste. Finally, Melbourne is one of the safest cities in the world.
The funny thing is that there was so much that I DIDN'T do here, like Great Ocean Road, museums, the zoo, or the Dandenongs, but I really feel like I got a great sense of what Melbourne was all about just by being there so long and meeting so many people. It was much harder to readjust myself to life in the USA than it was to get comfortable in Melbourne.
- Pros:Very safe, Very clean, Never boring
- Cons:Can see 4 seasons in 1 day
- In a nutshell:One of the most amazing cities in the world
Melbourne has the largest Greek population in the world outside of Greece and is the 3rd largest Greek-speaking city in... more travel advice
Lebanese House was a very good middle eastern restaurant. The owners were very friendly and went out of their way to... more travel advice
- Elwood Beach
- See All St. Kilda at Night
- See All Hotel in Carlton
- See All Outlet Stores
- See All Monsoon's
grkboiler's Related Pages
Melbourne Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wherever I Lay My Hat - That's My Home"
- "Melbourne - Our Home for 2005 and 2006"
- "IMPREXXION: MELBOURNE"
- "Melbourne is a Dive"
- "Sweetberry's "Melbourne Page""
- "Melbourne - The Place to Be"
- "Melbourne - My Second Home !"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Melbourne
- Hotels in Melbourne
- Transportation in Melbourne
- Nightlife in Melbourne
- Restaurants in Melbourne
- Shopping in Melbourne
- Warnings and Dangers in Melbourne
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Melbourne
- 63 Reviews
- 64 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Melbourne?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Melbourne
Photos in MelbourneSee All Photos (64)
Top 10 Pages
- Chicago Intro, 110 reviews, 135 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 111 reviews, 133 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 87 reviews, 112 photos, 5 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 82 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 63 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indianapolis Intro, 42 reviews, 79 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 53 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 50 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bratislava Intro, 33 reviews, 55 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 40 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues