"A butterfly on the wing" Kiriel's Profile

Where the breeze takes me

I have recently returned from living overseas in Geneva, Switzerland for 9 years. Now I am back in Australia, rediscovering all the joys of this beautiful country.

In some ways, being an Australian I am particularly fortunate, as I see the buildings that europeans do not. All their lives they have been surrounding by these chateaux, cathedrals and cottages. Often they either don't notice them any more or simply don't find the joy and excitement in them that I do. I hope that you will enjoy my travel pages as I wander the world with "the eyes of a child".

I have particularly soft spots for lovely landscapes, fantastic frocks, amazing architecture and grimacing gargoyles, as well as a passion for all things renaissance. Come exploring with me!

What is my favourite place? Now that is a difficult question. My home town, Canberra of course has a special place in my heart. I have had such wonderful times in so many countries.. Hungary, Portugal, Thailand... these are a few of my favourite lands! I thought that Granada and the Alhambra was amazing; if you ever get a chance to go there, do.

• Intro Updated Aug 5, 2013

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2013 at 7:51 AM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• a2lopes's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2009 at 8:30 AM

Happy birthday Kiriel and many happy returns of the day. Greetings from sunny Lisbon which is waiting for your revisit

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2009 at 9:21 PM

Happy Birthday Kiriel! Have a great day.

• mary2u99's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2009 at 7:40 PM

Happy Birthday to you.

• Babzz's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2006 at 8:03 AM

Happy birthday Kiriel. Coming from Canada, I agree with your comments about appreciating old architecture!

• roamingpaddy's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2006 at 3:39 AM

Wishing you a very happy birthday Kiriel! May it be filled with joy and happiness!

• irishgalmtl's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2006 at 11:41 PM

Greetings from Montreal, Sending you Birithday wishes on your special day may your day be filled with joy and surprises..HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!Cheers! Donna :o)

• amirkh's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2006 at 11:44 AM

Nice photo:)

• vtveen's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2005 at 12:35 PM

Thank you Kiriel for your 'stunnung' comment on my pic's. Hope you do like the other ones on my pages and tips. By the way were is the picture on your HP made in New Zealand ??

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2005 at 11:11 AM

what a delight to see the New Zealand Landscape on an Aussie HP..beautiful. now...you show us die Schweiz! greets Waltraud

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Kiriel's Profile Photo

Kiriel

“Live life to the full... moderation is for monks”

Real Name