"Trakai, Lithuania" Trakai by alona_ua
Trakai Travel Guide: 220 reviews and 650 photos
Trakai Island Castle is located in Trakai, Lithuania on an island in Lake Galvë. The castle is sometimes referred to as "Little Marienburg". The construction of the stone castle was begun in the 14th century by Kæstutis, and around 1409 major works were completed by his son Vytautas the Great, who died in this castle in 1430. Trakai was one of the main centers of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania and the castle held great strategic importance.
alona_ua's Related Pages
Trakai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "For history, lakes and... Turkish food lovers :-)"
- "Trakai - historical capital with island castle"
- "A day at Trakai"
- "Enchanting island castle"
- "Trakai Castle"
- "TRAKAI IN RAIN"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Trakai
- Hotels in Trakai
- Transportation in Trakai
- Restaurants in Trakai
- Shopping in Trakai
- Warnings and Dangers in Trakai
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Trakai
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Trakai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Trakai
Photos in TrakaiSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Dubai Intro, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Taba Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos
- Vienna Intro, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Milan Intro, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Verona Intro, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Czech Republic Intro, 1 review, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sharm El Sheikh Intro, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Poland Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Slovakia Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kiev Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue