Beijing Warnings Or Dangers Tips by mke1963 Top 5 Page for this destination
Beijing Warnings and Dangers: 280 reviews and 194 photos
You do know what to do in the event of an earthquake, don't you? You don't? Well it might be a good idea to check out the resources on the web.
Beijing lies at the edge of a seismically active area; the Tangshan (several hundred km east of Beijing) earthquake in 1976 killed hundreds of thousands of people.
Three major fault lines cross Beijing, including the Babaoshan fault running from Dahuichang in the west of Beijing to Shunyi in the north-east. Beijing Airport is at Shunyi.
While earthquakes are rare in Beijing, there have been earthquakes here, and you should know the basics of what to do.
1. Duck 2. Cover and 3. Hold.
Get as low as possible to the ground, get under cover (of a solid table or bed), and hold on to it. If outside, stay away from near buildings and power cables where falling objects could hit you.
More Reviews (152)
- See All Centro@ The Kerry Centre
- See All Kerry Centre Hotel
- See All Bento & Berries
- See All Photography Tip - related to digital...
- See All Guanghua Temple
- See All Jingshan Park - Part II
- See All The "new" Lido market
- See All Yet more changes at Beijing Airport T2
- See All Shopping - those fake brands. "Cheaper...
- See All The new Forbidden City at Guo Mao
- See All Laser Tag
- Focus on Guide Books
mke1963's Related Pages
Beijing Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Northern Capital"
- "Beijing - Imperial Peking"
- "My wonderful Beijing"
- "Beijing: from the Forbidden City to the Great Wall"
- "Beijing - The Northern Capital"
- "Beijing (北京)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Beijing
- Hotels in Beijing
- Transportation in Beijing
- Nightlife in Beijing
- Restaurants in Beijing
- Shopping in Beijing
- Warnings and Dangers in Beijing
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Beijing
- 153 Reviews
- 126 Photos
- 261 Forum posts
- 58 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (117)
Have you been to Beijing?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Beijing
Photos in BeijingSee All Photos (126)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Intro, 153 reviews, 126 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zhangjiajie Intro, 29 reviews, 107 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Harbin Intro, 49 reviews, 60 photos, 2 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 57 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lanzhou Intro, 27 reviews, 62 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jiayuguan Intro, 36 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chengdu Intro, 19 reviews, 62 photos
- Graaff-Reinet Intro, 25 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dunhuang Intro, 21 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Suwon Intro, 24 reviews, 37 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (10)
- Forbidden City - The Palace Museum- 475 Reviews, 998 Photos
- Summer Palace- 309 Reviews, 612 Photos
- Great Wall of China - Mutianyu- 89 Reviews, 236 Photos
- Tiananmen Square- 157 Reviews, 306 Photos
- Temple of Heaven- 219 Reviews, 464 Photos
- Lama Temple - Yonghegong- 66 Reviews, 151 Photos
- Great Wall of China - Badaling- 111 Reviews, 246 Photos
- Beihai Park- 100 Reviews, 180 Photos
- Wangfujing Street- 31 Reviews, 47 Photos
- Great Wall of China- 97 Reviews, 138 Photos
See All Beijing Things to Do