Changchun Transportation Tips by mke1963 Top 5 Page for this destination
Changchun Transportation: 10 reviews and 11 photos
The deserted soft-class waiting lounge
Given Changchun's history as a railway town, it is unsurprising that the railway station is at the heart of the city, sitting at the northern end of Renmin Jie.
The station is modern, and everything is well signposted in English and Chinese. However, the soft class waiting room requires you to climb four flights of stairs!
There is no separate soft-class ticket office, but the main ticket office is not so busy, and buying tickets should only take ten minutes or so (but no English is spoken).
Crossing the roads outside the station is particularly difficult.
Changchun Airport is on the western outskirts of the city, and is only 20 minutes by taxi or 30 minutes by bus from the centre. Like many other cities in China, a new airport is being constructed - some distance to the north of the city.
Also in common with most other airports in China, the taxi drivers are keen to remove as much money from you as possible. The first taxi driver wanted Y100 for the journey to the railway station, and insisted his meter was broken. I switched to another taxi, whose meter was working, and the trip cost around Y40 for the journey.
Changchun Airport is not well set-up for arriving passengers, and the traveller is out in the baking heat (or more often, the freezing cold) in the masseses with nowhere to gather thoughts. However, head left out of the door to a little coffee shop, which will be almost empty.
More Reviews (4)
mke1963's Related Pages
Changchun Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Capital of Manchuria"
- "The City of the Unloved"
- "Changchun, capital of Manchuria during the 2nd WW"
- "working in changchun"
- "Changchun - City of Eternal Spring"
- "The Icy Chinese Northeast"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Changchun
- Hotels in Changchun
- Transportation in Changchun
- Nightlife in Changchun
- Restaurants in Changchun
- Shopping in Changchun
- Warnings and Dangers in Changchun
- See All...
Explore the World
- Geraldton Hotels
- Majorca Island
- Johnson Shut-Ins State Park Hotels
- Beaverton Hotels
- Tai Tam Hotels
- Bad Neustadt an der Saale
Badges & Stats in Changchun
- 6 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Changchun?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Changchun
Photos in ChangchunSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Intro, 153 reviews, 126 photos, 2 travelogues
- Zhangjiajie Intro, 29 reviews, 107 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Harbin Intro, 49 reviews, 60 photos, 2 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 57 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lanzhou Intro, 27 reviews, 62 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jiayuguan Intro, 36 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chengdu Intro, 19 reviews, 62 photos
- Graaff-Reinet Intro, 25 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dunhuang Intro, 21 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Suwon Intro, 24 reviews, 37 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (10)
Latest Changchun hotel reviews