"Hainan's Tropical Capital" Haikou by mke1963
Haikou Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 38 photos
The bright capital of Hainan island, lying off the south-west coast of China is well worth a few days visit.
There is plenty to entertain kids, enough architecture and culture for the more discerning, and extinct volcanoes, mangrove swamps, empty beaches for those more interested in the natural side of life.
Museums, zoos, (Chinese style) theme parks, temples...including a few off the beaten track...and plenty of longer day-trips possible make this a great location for a week.
Plan your trip well though. The knowledge of local travel agents, tour guides and hotels is absolutely minimal. You will have to show them where to go!
For a five-star hotel, this hotel was one of the most unsatisfying experiences we have had in China - and one of the... more travel advice
mke1963's Related Pages
Haikou Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hainan Island"
- "Hainan's Tropical Capital"
- "Haikou, Hainan Island."
- "Haikou - capital of Hainan."
- "Capital of Hainan province"
- "Hot Haikou"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Haikou
- Hotels in Haikou
- Transportation in Haikou
- Restaurants in Haikou
- Shopping in Haikou
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Haikou
- 2 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (113)
Have you been to Haikou?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Haikou
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Intro, 153 reviews, 126 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zhangjiajie Intro, 29 reviews, 107 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Harbin Intro, 49 reviews, 60 photos, 2 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 57 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lanzhou Intro, 27 reviews, 62 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jiayuguan Intro, 36 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chengdu Intro, 19 reviews, 62 photos
- Graaff-Reinet Intro, 25 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dunhuang Intro, 21 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Suwon Intro, 24 reviews, 37 photos