"Huaihua" Huaihua by mke1963
Huaihua Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 10 photos
Huaihua is a small city with a big influnce over western Hunan, as it is a huge railway junction - seemingly the 21st biggest station in China (these statistics are easy to come by in China!).
The town is dominated by the railway, but there is more to the place than the sound of wailing horns and the rumble of wagons.
Huaihua is a friendly city, built along a peninsular between two rivers. As is common in China, the city turns its back on both rivers, leaving them to flow past unloved.
It is a city with plenty of hotels, mainly 2 and 3 star, so is a good stopping off point for exploring the southern Wulingshan mountains.
North of Huaihua is Fenghuang, then Jishou. To the south is Anjiang, before turning east over the high mountains towards Shaoyang and Changsha.
- Pros:Good location for getting to see western Hunan
- Cons:Heavily polluted landscape to the south of town
- In a nutshell:Pleasant, friendly city
To love Huaihua, you would need to be an afficionado of small Chinese cities. The city keeps its charms well hidden, and... more travel advice
This links to a general topographical map of the Huaihua area. more travel advice
mke1963's Related Pages
Huaihua Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "1 month in Huaihua, Hunan"
- "Good bus and trains connections"
- "This is a good place"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Huaihua
- Hotels in Huaihua
- Transportation in Huaihua
- Restaurants in Huaihua
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Huaihua
- 5 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (117)
Have you been to Huaihua?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Huaihua
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Intro, 153 reviews, 126 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zhangjiajie Intro, 29 reviews, 107 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Harbin Intro, 49 reviews, 60 photos, 2 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 57 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lanzhou Intro, 27 reviews, 62 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jiayuguan Intro, 36 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chengdu Intro, 19 reviews, 62 photos
- Graaff-Reinet Intro, 25 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dunhuang Intro, 21 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Suwon Intro, 24 reviews, 37 photos