"Jaiozuo" Jiaozuo by mke1963
Jiaozuo Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 40 photos
Jaiozuo is a fairly big industrial city on the northern edge of Henan, sitting below the Taihangshan Mountains that follow the Huanghe (Yellow River) on the Henan/Shanxi border, then curve creating the Shanxi/Hebei border, before turning east to form the hills that you can see from Beijing!
North of Jaiozuo you can drive across one of a number of mountain passes into Shanxi, through the shattered, Industrial Revolution landscapes of village and household coalmines and steelmills. As you get up higher the villages focus on tending to the passing trucks - repairs, tyres, fuel, eating, sleeping, entertainment. Get off the road and you come to hilltop villages farming little terraces of maize and potatoes, with additional orchard crops of apples and pears.
There are beautiful gorges, ravines and lakes in the mountains, as yet untouched by the developers hand.
- Pros:Friendly, down to earth, unassuming people; this is real China
- Cons:Heavy pollution in the Huanghe lowlands; terrible mountain roads
- In a nutshell:Get away from the 21st Century altogether
This links to a general topographic map of the Jiazuo area. The road through the Taihangshan mountains to Jincheng in... more travel advice
mke1963's Related Pages
Jiaozuo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Yuntai Mountain (30 km from Jiaozuo)"
- "Living in Jiaozuo University"
- "... where you can see how fast China is changing!!"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Jiaozuo
- 2 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Jiaozuo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jiaozuo
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Intro, 153 reviews, 126 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zhangjiajie Intro, 29 reviews, 107 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Harbin Intro, 49 reviews, 60 photos, 2 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 57 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lanzhou Intro, 27 reviews, 62 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jiayuguan Intro, 36 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chengdu Intro, 19 reviews, 62 photos
- Graaff-Reinet Intro, 25 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dunhuang Intro, 21 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Suwon Intro, 24 reviews, 37 photos