"Takeley" Takeley by mke1963
Takeley Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 6 photos
The history of Takeley goes back an awfully lon way, into the dim distant mists of time. Today, Takeley sits in the shadow of London's third biggest airport, and despie the name, Takeley is the nearest place to the airport. With the airport expansion plans currently under discussion, Takeley looks set to see an awful lot more of the airport.
Although Takeley has seen its fair share of both positive and negative impacts from the presence of a huge airport just beyond the garden shed and the compost heap, it remains an attractive and cheerful place.
The jewel in the crown in Takeley is Hatfield Forest, one of the most amazing relics of medieval England still in existence. The forest, now owned by the National Trust, is open from dawn to dusk. It is as much a snapshot of England's history as any of the historical buildings in London or Oxford; it is the countryside's 'Tower of London', an area of outstanding natural beauty and all available absolutely free of charge.
If you end up with a long stopover or a serious delay, Hatfield Forest is just four minutes from the front door of Stansted's terminal building.
mke1963's Related Pages
Takeley Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Takeley
- 1 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Takeley?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Takeley
Photos in TakeleySee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Intro, 153 reviews, 126 photos, 2 travelogues
- Zhangjiajie Intro, 29 reviews, 107 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Harbin Intro, 49 reviews, 60 photos, 2 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 57 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lanzhou Intro, 27 reviews, 62 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jiayuguan Intro, 36 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chengdu Intro, 19 reviews, 62 photos
- Graaff-Reinet Intro, 25 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dunhuang Intro, 21 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Suwon Intro, 24 reviews, 37 photos