"Storms River Village" Coldstream by mke1963
Coldstream Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 20 photos
Often confused for the beachside Storms River Mouth village, the old village of Storms River Village is a beautiful little forest village, although now it exists simply to serve the passing tourists.
The Storms River Adventures Company has set up shop at one end of the short street, offering a range of spectacular tours in and around the forest, including the well-known Canopy Tours, where visitors can swing around and ride zip-wires 10 metres up in the treetops of the indigenous forest. They also offer 3 hour tractor rides into the forest. Next door, a small museum is devoted to old Cadillacs, and three rather spectacular 1958, 1959 and 1960 Cadillacs are lovingly displayed alongside a much more mundane 1970s version. The shops here are painted in gaudy colours, making a bright change from the rather sombre colours of the forest all around.
The Tsitsikamma Hotel makes a great place to have lunch or coffee, with its stunning gardens much-loved by sunbirds and sugarbirds. The hotel also holds Storm River?s pub. Should a political discussion be desirable, the local ANC Constituency office sits at the end of the row.
Just about every house here is a guest house, but this is a popular place for vacationers so bookings are essential in the peak months.
(Storms River Village isn't on the VT Database. Coldstream is the nearest place that is)
For us, one of the highlights of our stay in the Storms River area was a short, post-breakfast walk through the bush at... more travel advice
The Bloukrans River forms one of the many deep, impassable gorges of the Tsitsikamma National Park, and it wasn’t until... more travel advice
mke1963's Related Pages
Coldstream Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Coldstream
- Hotels in Coldstream
- Restaurants in Coldstream
- Shopping in Coldstream
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Coldstream
- 17 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Coldstream?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Coldstream
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Intro, 153 reviews, 126 photos, 2 travelogues
- Zhangjiajie Intro, 29 reviews, 107 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Harbin Intro, 49 reviews, 60 photos, 2 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 57 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lanzhou Intro, 27 reviews, 62 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jiayuguan Intro, 36 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chengdu Intro, 19 reviews, 62 photos
- Graaff-Reinet Intro, 25 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dunhuang Intro, 21 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Suwon Intro, 24 reviews, 37 photos