"My World and Welcome to It! :~)" happymom8285's Profile

I've lived in Chattanooga now for over half my life! I love living here and the relaxed, laid back pace of every day life. Chattanooga is a wonderful mid-sized town with a lot going for it. Free concerts in the summer, a fresh-water aquarium, (that is having an addition put on to open in spring 2005). A revitalized downtown area and a fun festival (called Riverbend) on the Tennessee River that runs for 10 days in June that features major bands and music from all over the world. We're surrounded by mountains that are part of the Appalachain Mountain range that run from Quebec, Canada all the way down to Alabama. Lookout Mt. was made famous in Martin Luther King, Jrs. "I Have A Dream" speech. There is plenty of Civil War history here as well. Atlanta is only a 1 1/2 hour drive away and Nashville is only a 2 1/2 hour drive.
So come and check us out sometime. We have something for everyone!

Spring comes pretty early in Chattanooga. In February, crocus, forsythia, daffodils and our beautiful flowering bradford pear trees are already blooming. We have many warm days, but we aren't fooled, because winter isn't through with us yet. In fact, we had one of the worst snow storms ever recorded here in March, 1992.

30 years ago, Chattanooga was an industrial city with dirty air quality and many factories along the Tennessee River. Due to some good city planners, the air was cleaned up and a revitalization of downtown began to take shape. We got our new aquarium, Children's Discovery Museum, an Imax theater, new restaurants and a riverwalk several miles long.

• Intro Updated Jan 13, 2005

• irishgalmtl's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2007 at 10:03 PM

Greetings from Montreal, wishing you many blessings on your special day and always, ♫♫ HAPPY BIRTHDAY ! ♫♫ CHEERS! ♫♫ Donna :)

• planxty's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2005 at 4:28 PM

Birthday greetings from London, Dee. Have a great time. fergy.

• NC_Ziggy's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2005 at 6:33 PM

Hi Dee! Hope you have a Happy Happy Birthday and the coming year will be your Best Ever! Greetings & Best Wishes from North Carolina! ;-)

• AmazingAdventures's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2005 at 6:06 PM

Happy Birthday Smiles from Sydney, Australia !!!!!

• siaki68's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2005 at 1:55 PM

Hello! Pleased to read that you liked Nafplio! You should come again!:-)

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2004 at 10:46 AM

What a spectacular intro photograph. Quite a nice HP. It's obvious that you are positive, enthusiastic, and downright "nice". I really liked Chattanooga when I visited.

• harirasik's Profile Photo
    Aug 27, 2004 at 1:06 AM

Hello, it was good to go through your home page, I sends you greetings from Nepal

• chrissyalex's Profile Photo
    Aug 15, 2004 at 3:49 PM

Thanks for stopping my homepage. Santorini was my favorite too! Couldn't believe how beautiful it was.BTW Your city looks very nice! :-)

• Joan40's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2004 at 3:09 PM

Hello Dee, your home pages are great! Your home town is a lot prettier than mine, what a nice place to live.

• May 17, 2004 at 11:39 PM

Nice home page and phtographs.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!