"Sleepy summer town wakes up with some tennis" Båstad by Cogee
Båstad Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 31 photos
Båstad is a small village on the west coast. It's about a 2 hour drive from Gothenburg and I think it's about the same to Malmö.
There's about 14 000 people living in the Båstad "county" and in the summer it's a very popular tourist spot. Lots of people have summer houses here, others rent one. There are a few camping grounds and hotels etc. Or why not come by sea and settle in the habour.
I lived in Båstad for a year and worked for the tourist information center so I really got a good insight how the village changes with the seasons. Let me tell you.... on a rainy sunday in February you won't meet many people on the main street. On a sunday morning in July you will most likely run in to a few people on bikes dressed in a bathrobe heading towards the beach for a morning dip. If they've already been down there it's quite possible they have a bag of fresh bread from Knut Jöns Bakery.
I guess you can call Båstad Swedens Wimbeldon. Every year in July some of the worlds best players take over the centercourt. There are several indoor courts at the Drivan center and the town have a tennis focused high school program.
The Bjäre Peninsula has several golf courses and the walking trail "Skåne leden" will take you out to Hovs Hallar where the pictures on this page are taken.
I'm a passionate horse lover and there are a couple of options to see the countryside from the horseback.
- Pros:nice and relaxing
- Cons:The summer invasion!
- In a nutshell:"Det e fest på Pepes Bodega! Glöm aldrig det!" (Get a dictonary and look it up)
For a week in July every year you can see the tennis elite fight for first place in the Swedish Open. You can never... more travel advice
Cogee's Related Pages
Båstad Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Bjäre Peninsula"
- "Sleepy summer town wakes up with some tennis"
- "Sweden's tennis capital"
- "Býstad - Charming and Elegant"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Båstad
- Transportation in Båstad
- Nightlife in Båstad
- Restaurants in Båstad
- Warnings and Dangers in Båstad
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Båstad
- 3 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Båstad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Båstad
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pipa Intro, 15 reviews, 24 photos
- Atlanta Intro, 11 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Göteborg Intro, 9 reviews, 1 photo
- Coffs Harbour Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Beuvron-en-Auge Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Scotland Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- New York City Intro, 1 review, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Byron Bay Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Båstad Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Switzerland Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos