"Pasar Kentut - Fart Market" Top 5 Page for this destination Palembang by YokuMoku
Palembang Travel Guide: 41 reviews and 110 photos
None of the locals I asked knew, but the penetrating faeces smell from the wet blackish garbage littered around the market sounds in line with the Fart Market name.
In any case, this small market has abundant fresh ingredients and fresh-water fish which will turn into the yummiest food in the hands of experienced chefs.
- Pros:Offers the best food on Earth: mie Aloi, mie Terang Bulan, mie celor, pempek, kemplang, es kacang, pindang, tempoyak
- Cons:Crowded, chaotic, dusty, worn out, crime ridden, nothing else to see except for food safari
- In a nutshell:Go there only if you really crave for the food I mention above.You need a local to drive you around.
There are plenty of pempek restaurants in Palembang, but Pempek Dempo 310 became the choice of some native pempek... more travel advice
YokuMoku's Related Pages
Palembang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "VISIT PALEMBANG"
- "City by the River"
- "Pasar Kentut - Fart Market"
- "Palembang - the second largest city in Sumatra"
- "Palembang trip"
- "The old Kingdom of Sriwijaya"
- "Palembang, Venice of the East"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Palembang
- Hotels in Palembang
- Transportation in Palembang
- Restaurants in Palembang
- Shopping in Palembang
- Warnings and Dangers in Palembang
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Palembang
- 5 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Palembang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Palembang
Photos in PalembangSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Intro, 83 reviews, 85 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oslo Intro, 15 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Salt Lake City Intro, 13 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Fefor Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Hanover Intro, 18 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palembang Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Park City Intro, 1 review, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Derbyshire Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Bergen Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos