"4-Season Fun" Houghton Lake by just4funds
Houghton Lake Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 74 photos
Houghton Lake is located in Central Northern Lower Peninsula (or in other words, in the middle of the fingers on your left mitten...)
A friend told me that Houghton Lake is the largest inland lake in the State of Michigan. The key words are inland lake, and in. Lake St.Clair is larger, however it borders Canada in addition to the area near Michigan's "thumb." While it is truly large at approximately 22,000 acres, Houghton Lake is shallow which leads to many exciting developments both in the winter and the summer months. In the winter the lake typically freezes quickly, but it also is filled with many perils like expansion cracks in the ice which are waiting to toss you off your snowmobile. In the summer it can get choppy with just a slight breeze or activity, and like a cup of water the lake will seemingly slosh to the windward shore when the big winds blow.
- Pros:Exciting times are waiting for you
- Cons:Open your mind
just4funds' Related Pages
Houghton Lake Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nick's Great Big Fat Fish"
- "Fun for all Seasons"
- "4-Season Fun"
- "Houghton Lake a nice Central Michigan Town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Houghton Lake
- Nightlife in Houghton Lake
- Restaurants in Houghton Lake
- Shopping in Houghton Lake
- Warnings and Dangers in Houghton Lake
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Houghton Lake
- 1 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Houghton Lake?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Houghton Lake
Top 10 Pages
- Grand Rapids Intro, 14 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Diego Intro, 7 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos, 4 travelogues
- Northport Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tucson Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Maryville Intro, 10 reviews
- Byron Center Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Leland Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Vanderbilt Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos