Zion National Park Off The Beaten Path Tips by Jerelis
Zion National Park Off The Beaten Path: 43 reviews and 75 photos
Relinde at the middle of a slot canyon.
The hike took us to a slot canyon which means that the high canyon walls come together untill you're almost unable to walk over the path anymore. Able to touch both sides of the canyons by hand! It was quite spectaculor.
The path we took was a riverbed and was dried out because of the summer period, but be aware during other seasons, because you might get cought by a tidal wave because of heavy rain or water of melting glaciers.
Jeroen is hiking through a canyon in Zion.
We went for a nice hike by the name "My Way", which was selected by our guide. During this hike we noticed the capriousness of nature by all the horizontal and vertical shuffled lines in the rocks.
Differences in elevation, sunlight, water and temperature created "microenvioronments" like hanging gardens, forested side canyons and islolated mesas that lend to this diversity. It is a beautiful sight.
Cliffs hanging over in Zion National Park.
Colossal mass of rocks stand out as geological temples against the clear blue sky. Age-long streams of mineral waters have colourfully covered the faces of the mountains.
Zion, it's a fitting name for a solemn area where nature shows it's awe-inspiring shape as a supreme creator. Protected within Zion National Park's 593,1 square kilometres and esspecially this slot canyon hike is a spectacular cliff-and-canyon landscape and wilderness full of the unexpected.
More Reviews (17)
- Just a lunch we had.
- See All Talk to someone who knows ...
- See All The visitors centre
- See All Budweiser - King of all Beers?
Jerelis' Related Pages
Zion National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Zion National Park Page"
- "Getting High in Zion"
- "Zion National Park, One of My Favorites"
- "Fall Colours and Waterfalls at Zion NP"
- "Zion National Park"
- "Zion, such a wonderful place"
- "Zion National Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zion National Park
- Hotels in Zion National Park
- Transportation in Zion National Park
- Nightlife in Zion National Park
- Restaurants in Zion National Park
- Shopping in Zion National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Zion National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
- Kirkby in Ashfield Hotels
- Henrietta Hotels
- Seefeld in Tirol
- Brantley Lake State Park Hotels
- Vero Beach Hotels
- Santa Barbara Off The Beaten Path
- Quebec Off The Beaten Path
- Maryland Off The Beaten Path
- Hong Kong Off The Beaten Path
- Vermont Off The Beaten Path
- Denver Off The Beaten Path
- Virginia Beach Off The Beaten Path
- Spain Off The Beaten Path
- Off The Strip
- Virginia Off The Beaten Path
- Florida Keys Off The Beaten Path
- Florence Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Zion National Park
- 20 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Zion National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zion National Park
Photos in Zion National ParkSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corfu Island Intro, 76 reviews, 155 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hoogeveen Intro, 84 reviews, 122 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 72 reviews, 131 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Narbonne Intro, 54 reviews, 149 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 56 reviews, 137 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 44 reviews, 135 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madeira Island Intro, 69 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 57 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hinterstoder Intro, 51 reviews, 108 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pals Intro, 34 reviews, 116 photos