"Home to the active Kilaue Volcano" Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii Volcanoes National Park by Jerelis

The ultimate ecotour

Hawaii Volcanoes NP is home to the active Kilaue Volcano.

The lush greenery of tree ferns and other tropical plants, lava tubes, cinder cones, odd mineral formations, steam vents and the vast barren craters along Chain of Craters Road make this the ultimate ecotour.

The Big Island of Hawaii

Don't forget to visit our Big Island of Hawaii site here at VT.

With 266 miles of coastline made up of white-coral and black-lava the Big Island is so large and varied that there is really a lot to see. The island is also called "Orchid Island" or "Volcano Isle" which says all about the beauty of the island.

• Last visit to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park: Oct 2001
  • Intro Updated Jul 6, 2006

• Nathalie_B's Profile Photo
    Jun 6, 2008 at 2:29 AM

What a place! I missed the chance to go there last year, but plan to catch up in October. There's no place like Hawaii! But.. Budweiser? If I were you I'd bring Grolsch from home :)

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2007 at 4:09 PM

Volcanic landscapes are really amazing! Thanks for sharing!

• LavaHunter23's Profile Photo
    Apr 9, 2007 at 3:36 PM

I've been there...it is soo exciting. I'm studying to be a volcanologist myself...it was very informative and exciting in every way...im going back on my honeymoon for sure...

• RAZOR-REN's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2006 at 1:28 AM

VERY NICE. I WOULDN'T MIND GOING TO KILAUEA MYSELF. I ALREADY BEEN ON 2 VOLCANOES. COME CHECKOUT MY WEBSITE IF YOU INTERESTED www.freewebs.com/volcanicworld

• mad4travel's Profile Photo
    Jul 5, 2006 at 3:32 AM

Great tips and Photos. I love volcanoes!

Jerelis

“Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans!”

Badges & Stats in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park

Have you been to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park?