"How they must have done that all those years ago!" Top 5 Page for this destination Montezuma Castle National Monument by Jerelis

A dwelling

This dwelling is build against (maybe it's better to say "build in") steep rocky hills. We were really amazed how they must have done that all those years ago!

Not such a large park.

The park gave us a very good impression how these indians must have lived. The National Monument isn't such a large park and therefore walking over the path it will give you several good viewpoint to see the castle itself.

• Last visit to Montezuma Castle National Monument: Sep 2000
  • Intro Updated Dec 22, 2003

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2009 at 10:26 AM

That's an interesting story about the cactus! Did most cacti(?) have their arms up or down when you saw them?

• starship's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2008 at 5:43 AM

Very interesting and helpful page! My family & I just returned from Arizona and I miss it already!

• BorderHopper's Profile Photo
    Apr 29, 2007 at 10:22 AM

Very nice page on a monument I knew very little about. Thanks for sharing! Your Budweiser tip was funny....it was all I could find in Death Valley. Happy travels

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2007 at 8:13 AM

We'll be in Arizona mid-February and have planned to see Montezuma Castle--provided we have enough time...I really hope we do! Thanks for viewing my Niagara Falls pages...regards from Texas

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Jan 18, 2007 at 11:44 AM

Really interesting and varied tips - and the tornado photo is excellent. Great story about the cactus too - I hadn't heard that one. Thanks for kind comment on my Yellowstone page.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2006 at 10:12 PM

Nice storry about the saguaro Cactus. They look great!

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2004 at 4:36 AM

Have been to Arizona twice, but unfortunately didn't see this place which seems so interesting from your interesting & helpful tips. Thanks my friend.

• Sep 16, 2004 at 6:19 AM

Interesting, interesting, interesting!

Jerelis

“Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans!”

Badges & Stats in Montezuma Castle National Monument

Have you been to Montezuma Castle National Monument?

Latest Activity in Montezuma Castle National Monument