"Picturesque cheese market." Alkmaar by Jerelis
Alkmaar Travel Guide: 126 reviews and 345 photos
This historic town owes its current reputation to its picturesque cheese market (weekly). Alkmaar is also the main centre of the farming regions of the Noord Holland peninsula.
The old town has preserved almost intact its 17C layout and many old façades within its surrounding moats. The old fortifications have been converted into a garden.
We guess it's the same for everybody around the world. We do live in The Netherlands and we must be honest that we have seen more churches, nature, villages, museums and other beautiful spots abroad than in our own country. Lately we have re-discovered our own beautiful little country! Enjoy our travel experiences in The Netherlands!
Where to have lunch whenever you’re hiking the streets of Alkmaar. The last time I visited the city I was with Paulien... more travel advice
As you have read in the first tip of the Visbank, it is situated south of the Waagplein at the corner of Mient and... more travel advice
Jerelis' Related Pages
Alkmaar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Alkmaar from the inside"
- "another pretty Dutch town - with lots of cheese!"
- "A little page about Alkmaar"
- "Alkmaar, The Netherlands"
- "Alkmaar on a hot sunny day"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Alkmaar
- Hotels in Alkmaar
- Transportation in Alkmaar
- Nightlife in Alkmaar
- Restaurants in Alkmaar
- Shopping in Alkmaar
- Warnings and Dangers in Alkmaar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Alkmaar
- 11 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Alkmaar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Alkmaar
Photos in AlkmaarSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corfu Island Intro, 76 reviews, 155 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hoogeveen Intro, 90 reviews, 138 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 72 reviews, 131 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Narbonne Intro, 54 reviews, 149 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 56 reviews, 137 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 44 reviews, 135 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madeira Island Intro, 69 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 57 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hinterstoder Intro, 51 reviews, 108 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cavallino Intro, 38 reviews, 115 photos