"Home of my heart?" Amsterdam by Jerelis

Amsterdam Travel Guide: 10,232 reviews and 21,443 photos

My opinion about Amsterdam.

Amsterdam is one of the greatest small cities in the world. From its canals to world-famous museums and historical sights, Amsterdam is one of the most romantic and beautiful cities in Europe. At least that is my opinion. Maybe being here frequently blurred my opinion about the city, so maybe it is about time to see it for yourself :)

Travelling in our own country.

We guess it's the same for everybody around the world. We do live in The Netherlands and we must be honest that we have seen more churches, nature, villages, museums and other beautiful spots abroad than in our own country. Lately we have re-discovered our own beautiful little country! Enjoy our travel experiences in The Netherlands!

• Last visit to Amsterdam: Feb 2013
  • Intro Updated Feb 20, 2013

• MaaikeSchmit's Profile Photo
    Feb 28, 2013 at 7:49 AM

It is always great fun reading about my own country. Great insight and pictures though.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2013 at 4:54 AM

Hello, Jeroen! I would like to visit Amsterdam some day!)

• windoweb's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2012 at 8:17 AM

I hope Rotterdam will be as romantic as you say Amsterdam is. We are going to be in Rotterdam Spring 2013.

• Jerelis's Profile Photo
      Oct 26, 2012 at 2:12 AM

I think that I have to disappoint you as Rotterdam is definitely not as romantic as Amsterdam is. Unlucky enough Rotterdam got bombed heavily during the 2nd world war and has lost its historical center. Rotterdam is more a modern city with other charms.

Jerelis Visits Here Frequently!

Jerelis

“Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans!”

Badges & Stats in Amsterdam

Have you been to Amsterdam?

Latest Activity in Amsterdam