"Quite a city of sports!" Heerenveen by Jerelis
Heerenveen Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 38 photos
The village of Heerenveen does not have city rights and established in 1551 by three lords as a location for the purpose of digging peat which was used for fuel.
The center of Heerenveen doesn't have a bustling historical center to be honest. one of the great things to admire in Heerenveen is the fact that there is a professional football team, professional ice hockey team and of course the indoor skating oval Thialf where a lot of international speed skating events take place.
We guess it's the same for everybody around the world. We do live in The Netherlands and we must be honest that we have seen more churches, nature, villages, museums and other beautiful spots abroad than in our own country. Lately we have re-discovered our own beautiful little country! Enjoy our travel experiences in The Netherlands!
The crowd was extremely excited as they were happy for the excellent performance of the Dutch skaters, but also for... more travel advice
Being born and raised in the Netherlands almost automatically makes me a speed skating fan. I clearly can remember the... more travel advice
Jerelis' Related Pages
Heerenveen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Heerenveen and surroundings"
- "Quite a city of sports!"
- "Heerenveen - speed-skating capital of NL?"
- "Heerenveen - A small town in Friesland"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Heerenveen
- Hotels in Heerenveen
- Transportation in Heerenveen
- Nightlife in Heerenveen
- Warnings and Dangers in Heerenveen
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Heerenveen
- 12 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Heerenveen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Heerenveen
Photos in HeerenveenSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corfu Island Intro, 76 reviews, 155 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hoogeveen Intro, 84 reviews, 122 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 72 reviews, 131 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Narbonne Intro, 54 reviews, 149 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 55 reviews, 132 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 44 reviews, 135 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madeira Island Intro, 69 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 56 reviews, 107 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hinterstoder Intro, 51 reviews, 108 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pals Intro, 34 reviews, 116 photos
Latest Heerenveen hotel reviews
- Haje Hotel Heerenveen
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 25, 2013