"Quite a city of sports!" Heerenveen by Jerelis
Heerenveen Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 62 photos
The village of Heerenveen does not have city rights and established in 1551 by three lords as a location for the purpose of digging peat which was used for fuel.
The center of Heerenveen doesn't have a bustling historical center to be honest. one of the great things to admire in Heerenveen is the fact that there is a professional football team, professional ice hockey team and of course the indoor skating oval Thialf where a lot of international speed skating events take place.
We guess it's the same for everybody around the world. We do live in The Netherlands and we must be honest that we have seen more churches, nature, villages, museums and other beautiful spots abroad than in our own country. Lately we have re-discovered our own beautiful little country! Enjoy our travel experiences in The Netherlands!
Once the evening starts and everybody has had their diner the square de Koemarkt will fill itself with the crowd. All... more travel advice
Maybe the Night of the Koemarkt is the highlight of the city of Heerenveen. At least the Night of the Koemarkt is a... more travel advice
- See All Crackstate - Wedding hall.
- See All Oranjewoud - Amazing mansions.
- See All Thialf – The crowd was extremely...
- Travel light!
Jerelis' Related Pages
Heerenveen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Heerenveen and surroundings"
- "Quite a city of sports!"
- "Heerenveen - speed-skating capital of NL?"
- "Heerenveen - A small town in Friesland"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Heerenveen
- Hotels in Heerenveen
- Transportation in Heerenveen
- Nightlife in Heerenveen
- Restaurants in Heerenveen
- Warnings and Dangers in Heerenveen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Heerenveen
- 24 Reviews
- 52 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Heerenveen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Heerenveen
Photos in HeerenveenSee All Photos (52)
Top 10 Pages
- Hoogeveen Intro, 92 reviews, 141 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corfu Island Intro, 76 reviews, 155 photos, 3 travelogues
- Padova Intro, 59 reviews, 155 photos
- Venice Intro, 72 reviews, 131 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Narbonne Intro, 54 reviews, 149 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 56 reviews, 137 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 44 reviews, 135 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madeira Island Intro, 69 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 57 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hinterstoder Intro, 51 reviews, 108 photos, 1 travelogue