"Our hometown!" Hoogeveen by Jerelis

Hoogeveen Travel Guide: 100 reviews and 196 photos

Living in the green

We ended up in Hoogeveen, because of a job offer I received. We were a bit sceptical about Hoogeveen, because it has very little to offer in our opinion. But even after a change of jobs, we're still living in this city, because we are constantly discovering something new of interest.

Hoogeveen is a small town (53.000 inhabitants) with every convenience of a regional centre. If you look well you will discover that Hoogeveen is full of activity, both business and culture.

Give it a change!!!

Living in the green!

Hoogeveen means pleasant living in the green surroundings of the northern part of The Netherlands.

In the city itself are more than enough little park to stroll. But if you really want to see beautiful nature, just get out of the city and within a minute you'll arrive in the most beautiful sites The Netherlands has to offer!

Thanx to VT!!!

A lot of people have been asking us to write something about Hoogeveen, because you'll are quite interested in this city.

Just because of these requests we have been browsing around the city and the complete area to make a good and interesting VT page. Thanx to you we have noticed that Hoogeveen does have it particular things to offer. This site will be changed regularly as we discover some more ...

• Pros:Green surroundings, good living environment, people
  • Cons:Very few ancient houses or buildings
  • In a nutshell:Still a lot to discover!
  • Last visit to Hoogeveen: May 2004
  • Intro Updated Dec 14, 2006

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    Nov 5, 2012 at 5:58 AM

Hi Jeroen, Your hometown looks impressive from your photos and I can see that you are proud to live there. The Windmill looks good, we visited the Windmills just outside Amsterdam and actually went inside the oil mill and up to the top.

• Jerelis's Profile Photo
      Nov 7, 2012 at 7:31 AM

Hello Mike. It took we a while to create this feeling about my hometown. But after discovering some of its beauty it is a joy to live here. Thank you for your ratings.

• MaaikeSchmit's Profile Photo
    Aug 1, 2012 at 5:09 AM

Pretty amazing to see that you just made Hoogeveen one of the most important cities to visit in the northern part of Holland. Job well done I guess ;)

• breughel's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2011 at 6:10 AM

I often passed on the highway near Hoogeveen, driving to Groningen, and never stopped.
    Thank you for making me discover your city.

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2010 at 3:48 AM

You have such a lovely country that I really enjoy visiting. Thanks for telling me about Hoogeveen ;-)

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2009 at 2:19 PM

Extraordinary tips! I never knew why those windmills were called Stelling molen, or why the canals were dug precisely 160 meters apart. Good tips on the benefits of swimming, too! And thanks for including the Rijwielshop.

• pedroswift's Profile Photo
    Aug 10, 2009 at 5:33 AM

Hi Jeroen, tnx for visiting my Paris pages. Thanks for an insight of Hoogeveen. Still have to visit Holland. Hope to cruise Dutch canals one day. Regards, Peter

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2009 at 2:50 AM

Hello, Jeroen! It's a great page about your city, my friend, lots of details, thanks a lot! Good luck!

• Toshioohsako's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2009 at 2:48 AM

Thanks for your nice comments on Madeira photos. Yes, i like this islan very much, especially the very fresh smell of Atlantic ocean.You have intereating Hoogeveen photos. Have a nice day.

• garridogal's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2008 at 2:29 PM

Thanks for stopping by my Cologne page. I enjoyed learning about your hometown. I have friends in Leiden and one of them is also named Jeroen!

• Sue08080's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2007 at 7:01 PM

I love the bits of the Netherlands that I have seen. Your hometown looks lovely!

Jerelis Lives Here!

Jerelis

“Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans!”

Badges & Stats in Hoogeveen

Have you been to Hoogeveen?

Latest Activity in Hoogeveen