"Our hometown!" Hoogeveen by Jerelis
Hoogeveen Travel Guide: 91 reviews and 180 photos
We ended up in Hoogeveen, because of a job offer I received. We were a bit sceptical about Hoogeveen, because it has very little to offer in our opinion. But even after a change of jobs, we're still living in this city, because we are constantly discovering something new of interest.
Hoogeveen is a small town (53.000 inhabitants) with every convenience of a regional centre. If you look well you will discover that Hoogeveen is full of activity, both business and culture.
Give it a change!!!
Hoogeveen means pleasant living in the green surroundings of the northern part of The Netherlands.
In the city itself are more than enough little park to stroll. But if you really want to see beautiful nature, just get out of the city and within a minute you'll arrive in the most beautiful sites The Netherlands has to offer!
A lot of people have been asking us to write something about Hoogeveen, because you'll are quite interested in this city.
Just because of these requests we have been browsing around the city and the complete area to make a good and interesting VT page. Thanx to you we have noticed that Hoogeveen does have it particular things to offer. This site will be changed regularly as we discover some more ...
- Pros:Green surroundings, good living environment, people
- Cons:Very few ancient houses or buildings
- In a nutshell:Still a lot to discover!
In a walking distance from the famous cinema Luxor, you will find steakhouse De Beurs. As a medium budget restaurant De... more travel advice
Antwerp is a fine place to have a drink in a pub - and Dutch beer is the best in the world ;-). In Hoogeveen there are... more travel advice
- See All Ice skating - Skating rink in the city...
- See All Wings & Wheels - Part 3.
- See All Airport Hoogeveen - 'Plane spotting'!
- See All Grolsch -> Just like home sweet home!...
- See All Het Huis te Echten - Renovations and...
Jerelis' Related Pages
Hoogeveen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Our hometown!"
- "Dude....there is nothing here!"
- "National Park Dwingelderveld"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hoogeveen
- Hotels in Hoogeveen
- Transportation in Hoogeveen
- Nightlife in Hoogeveen
- Restaurants in Hoogeveen
- Shopping in Hoogeveen
- Warnings and Dangers in Hoogeveen
- See All...
Explore the World
- Breisach am Rhein
- Batu Feringgi
- Dunes City Hotels
- Lake Geneva
- Isla de Lanzarote
- Big Pocono State Park Hotels
- Batu Kawa Hotels
- Clearwater Beach
- Province of Ilocos Sur
- El Matador State Beach Hotels
- Seefeld in Tirol
- Gastonia Hotels
- Agliè Hotels
Badges & Stats in Hoogeveen
- 84 Reviews
- 122 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 29 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Hoogeveen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hoogeveen
- Posted in Travel Ras Tanura Forum "Re: Hotels in Ras Tanura?"
- Commented on one of Jerelis's Hoogeveen travel pages
- Wrote a Review A household name across Hoogeveen. in Hoogeveen Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "A household name across Hoogeveen."
- Uploaded a Video to Hoogeveen
- updated a Hoogeveen Travel Page "Our hometown!"
Photos in HoogeveenSee All Photos (122)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corfu Island Intro, 76 reviews, 155 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hoogeveen Intro, 84 reviews, 122 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 72 reviews, 131 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Narbonne Intro, 54 reviews, 149 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 56 reviews, 137 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 44 reviews, 135 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madeira Island Intro, 69 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 57 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hinterstoder Intro, 51 reviews, 108 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pals Intro, 34 reviews, 116 photos
Latest Hoogeveen hotel reviews
- Hotel Hoogeveen
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 12, 2013