"Our hometown!" Hoogeveen by Jerelis
Hoogeveen Travel Guide: 100 reviews and 196 photos
We ended up in Hoogeveen, because of a job offer I received. We were a bit sceptical about Hoogeveen, because it has very little to offer in our opinion. But even after a change of jobs, we're still living in this city, because we are constantly discovering something new of interest.
Hoogeveen is a small town (53.000 inhabitants) with every convenience of a regional centre. If you look well you will discover that Hoogeveen is full of activity, both business and culture.
Give it a change!!!
Hoogeveen means pleasant living in the green surroundings of the northern part of The Netherlands.
In the city itself are more than enough little park to stroll. But if you really want to see beautiful nature, just get out of the city and within a minute you'll arrive in the most beautiful sites The Netherlands has to offer!
A lot of people have been asking us to write something about Hoogeveen, because you'll are quite interested in this city.
Just because of these requests we have been browsing around the city and the complete area to make a good and interesting VT page. Thanx to you we have noticed that Hoogeveen does have it particular things to offer. This site will be changed regularly as we discover some more ...
- Pros:Green surroundings, good living environment, people
- Cons:Very few ancient houses or buildings
- In a nutshell:Still a lot to discover!
Some people consider the Subway their favorite chain by far. You are able to eat at Subways from the Florida Keys to... more travel advice
This particular part of the Flokstra family intrigues me as they hided 13 Jews in their house, but at the same time they... more travel advice
- See All Steenberger Park – Park Opera Hoogeveen.
- See All Some more dancing, singing and fun!
- See All Ice skating - Skating rink in the city...
- See All Wings & Wheels - Part 3.
- See All Grolsch -> Just like home sweet home!...
Jerelis' Related Pages
Hoogeveen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Our hometown!"
- "Dude....there is nothing here!"
- "National Park Dwingelderveld"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hoogeveen
- Hotels in Hoogeveen
- Transportation in Hoogeveen
- Nightlife in Hoogeveen
- Restaurants in Hoogeveen
- Shopping in Hoogeveen
- Warnings and Dangers in Hoogeveen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hoogeveen
- 92 Reviews
- 141 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 27 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Hoogeveen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hoogeveen
- Posted in Travel Amsterdam Forum "Re: Where to park in Amsterdam? "
- Wrote a Review There are better sandwich establishments! in Hoogeveen Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "There are better sandwich establishments!"
- Commented on one of Jerelis's Hoogeveen travel pages
- Uploaded a Video to Hoogeveen
- updated a Hoogeveen Travel Page "Our hometown!"
Photos in HoogeveenSee All Photos (141)
Top 10 Pages
- Hoogeveen Intro, 92 reviews, 141 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corfu Island Intro, 76 reviews, 155 photos, 3 travelogues
- Padova Intro, 59 reviews, 155 photos
- Venice Intro, 72 reviews, 131 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Narbonne Intro, 54 reviews, 149 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 56 reviews, 137 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 44 reviews, 135 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madeira Island Intro, 69 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 57 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hinterstoder Intro, 51 reviews, 108 photos, 1 travelogue