"Beautiful Ionian island" Top 5 Page for this destination Corfu Island by Jerelis

Corfu Island Travel Guide: 385 reviews and 1,248 photos

In the northwestern corner of Greece

The island of Corfu in the northwestern corner of Greece is the greenest. With more rainfall than any other island there is a variety and abundance of plant life that makes this Ionian island in combination with its charming architecture and hospitable people a great place to visit.

Kerkyra (Corfu Town)

Don't forget to visit our Kerkyra (Corfu Town) site here at VT.

The narrow stone-paved streets with tall buildings, frequent archways, often hidden by the clothes that have been hung out to dry, picturesque squares, churches with elegant bell towers and mansions with elaborate balconies and hanging lanterns create a medieval atmosphere which is unique in Greece.

• Last visit to Corfu Island: Jun 2003
  • Intro Updated Dec 9, 2004

• junecorlett's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2009 at 2:43 AM

The only thing I did not like about Corfu Island was the pebbled beaches. Nice page

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2009 at 8:32 AM

Hi Jeroen! Nice Corfu pages - hope to visit someday and Iris looks cute in the beach (hope I can bring my kids there as well)..Greetings from Arizona, Norman :) --- excellent tips

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Nov 26, 2007 at 2:49 PM

Excellent tales from Corfu.... Great page.

• MJB123's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2007 at 12:46 PM

Thanks for posting so many pictures of Corfu. A ship I was on stopped at the port there at night but I could not get off. I now know what I missed.

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2007 at 4:31 AM

Nice to see you had the little Island to yourselves = the Churches & whitewashed houses are very pretty

• DAO's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2007 at 3:54 PM

I stayed in Sidari too. The mosquitos were terrible!

• lua2's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2007 at 2:48 PM

I love Street's Artist too!!! Thanks so much for visiting my pages!!! ;-)) Waiting to see your Barcelona's photos!! Nice Corfu page!!! How do I miss Greece...!!! ;-))

• GrantBoone's Profile Photo
    Mar 1, 2007 at 4:31 AM

Nice work , reminds me of my trips to Benitses and Sidari!

• MATIM's Profile Photo
    Oct 29, 2006 at 11:52 AM

Great info Jeroen, thanks!

• starship's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2006 at 7:04 PM

Interesting place which is not at all like I had pictured it. Great photos!

Jerelis

“Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans!”

Badges & Stats in Corfu Island

Have you been to Corfu Island?