"A pearl in the summer and winter!" Hinterstoder by Jerelis
Hinterstoder Travel Guide: 57 reviews and 122 photos
Hinterstoder is one of those places in the world I have a very special bond with. You probably have those spots yourself as well. It's a holiday destination for my family for ages and my great grandfather was her first some many, many years ago. I came here the first time when I was 4 years young with my parents during a summer holiday. Eversince I have visited this magnificent spot over 10 times. Both during the summer and winter time.
It's quite simple and like this ... if you are in search of a village in the mountains, where everything is like it is supposed to be – genuinely authentic -> Well, do undertake a trip to Hinterstoder. It is situated in the southern part of Upper Austria and is quite a modern resort, surrounded by lovely mountain pastures and forests. The “Totes Gebirge”-Mountains overshadows Hinterstoder at 504 to 2,514 meters above sea level.
We sometimes do seek peace and therefore we find ourselves visiting Hinterstoder regularly. And why? Well it's backed by apparently endless hiking trails as well as numerous summer sports and winter sports. Hinterstoder possesses modern pistes with world cup quality! In addition, Hinterstoder’s charm lies in the peaceful Stoder Valley with its cosy rest stops and taverns. Hinterstoder represents our longing for recovery in the mountains because it is, purely and simply, what it is.
We witnessed that in a super-touristy country like Austria, we used to have a very hard time finding scenic spots that are not crowded, especially in the summer. However, it's also very known that the majority of the international visitors usually hang out only in a few of the major cities, the Salzkammergut and maybe one or two small towns in the Alps. If this is your way of travelling you definately will miss out on the wealth of small towns with rural appeal that Austria has to offer. Little gems with lots of history that just wait to be discovered, like the small village of Hinterstoder.
On the side of the River Steyr opposite Mitterstoder the Stodertal Road comes to Hinterstoder, the chief place in the valley and a popular summer and winter sports resort. The village is beautifully situated between the Warscheneck group (2,387m) to the southeast and the wooded slopes of the Totes Gebirge to the northwest. It's is situated at 599 meters above sea level and has only 993 inhabitants.
Wondering what to pack for your next vacation? Yes, we always have some stress related to this issue. As an experienced... more travel advice
I parked the car very close to the entrance and saw on the sign that the entrance fee was mild and therefore not a... more travel advice
- See All Parish Church Hinterstoder - Amazing...
- See All Third generation family business.
- See All Skiing - Part 1
- See All Kaiserschmarrn ... Yeaheee!!!
- See All Travelling with (young) kids.
Jerelis' Related Pages
Hinterstoder Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A pearl in the summer and winter!"
- "View from Hinterstoder"
- "Where else does one learn to ski!!"
- "Stodervalley-The most beautiful valley in Austria"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hinterstoder
- Hotels in Hinterstoder
- Transportation in Hinterstoder
- Nightlife in Hinterstoder
- Restaurants in Hinterstoder
- Warnings and Dangers in Hinterstoder
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hinterstoder
- 51 Reviews
- 108 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Hinterstoder?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hinterstoder
Photos in HinterstoderSee All Photos (108)
Top 10 Pages
- Hoogeveen Intro, 92 reviews, 141 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corfu Island Intro, 76 reviews, 155 photos, 3 travelogues
- Padova Intro, 59 reviews, 155 photos
- Pula Intro, 51 reviews, 162 photos
- Fazana Intro, 45 reviews, 162 photos
- Venice Intro, 72 reviews, 131 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Narbonne Intro, 54 reviews, 149 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 56 reviews, 137 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 44 reviews, 135 photos
- Maastricht Intro, 47 reviews, 130 photos