Madeira Island Favorite Tips by Jerelis Top 5 Page for this destination
Madeira Island Favorites: 47 reviews and 58 photos
Steriliza Regina flower.
Favorite thing: Still under construction ...
On a swing in Santo da Serre.
Favorite thing: Like we mentioned before ... it truly amazed us that every (little) town has a very well organized and maintained playground for little kids. Some of them even have officials who guard the ground. It was great!
On the picture a playing ground in Santo da Serra.
Relinde and Iris at a playground in.
Favorite thing: We were pleasantly amazed by the fact that Madeira is an island that is very, very friendly for little kids.
First of all (but we guess you'll find it anywhere) all the local people spoke to us about little Iris. She was exactly 1 year at that time. Everybody thought she was adorable and we were great parents to take such a sweet and young girl on vacation, instead of leaving her home! Everybody gave her a little present or candy.
But what truly amazed us was that every (little) town has a very well organized and maintained playground for little kids. Some of them even have officials who guard the ground. It was great!
A nice and happy family at Madeira!
Favorite thing: When we planned our trip for the summer of 2001 we had one thing to consider! Our little baby daughter just turned 1 year old and what to do?
We took in mind that we didn't want it to be too hot in July and we wanted lot's of cultural places to visit. Besides that a few days at the beach just for Iris (and ourselves).
We ended up in Madeira and as you will continue reading this Madeira page, you will see that we were definately not sorry for it.
Madeira is a great island! We have travelled a lot all over the world. There are not a lot of places where we want to return some time, but Madiera is one. We'll be back!
Logo of the European Region of the Year 2004.
Favorite thing: The European Region of the Year is an initiative which aims to increase knowledge and recognition of European regional affairs, to make new contributions to regional construction and European integration and, finally, to project the regions designated as European Region of the Year onto the European and international scene, in all their aspects, such as the social, cultural, economic and tourism aspects. The initiative has certain similarities to the European Capitals of Culture, but at regional level.
Every year, two regions are designated as European Region of the Year, regions which must belong to different countries, as is the case of the Balearic Islands (Spain) and the Republic of Karelia (Russia), European Region of the Year 2003, or Kiev (Ukraine) and Piedmont (Italy), European Region of the Year 2005. Any region of the 45 member countries of the Council of Europe may apply to be designated as European Region of the Year.
Fondest memory: The Autonomous Region of Madeira (Portugal) and the German-speaking Community (Belgium) will begin their tenure of the title European Region of the Year 2004 on 1 January, taking over from the Republic of Karelia (Russia) and the Balearic Islands (Spain).
Madeira will start its tenure as European Region of the Year with a grand fireworks display on New Year’s Eve, at midnight, to see in the New Year.
More Reviews (64)
- See All Talk to someone who knows!
- See All Pizza time!
- See All Monte - Toboggan ride.
- See All Santo Antonio da Serra - The weekly...
- See All Pico do Arieiro - Don't be afraid of...
- See All Personal approach!
Jerelis' Related Pages
Madeira Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Madeira Island - Sculpted by Gods"
- "Madeira - Small archipelago of volcanic orgin."
- "Madeira: spectacular island of tunnels"
- "ISLAND OF FLOWERS"
- "ilha da madeira"
- "An island of flowers and stunning scenery"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Madeira Island
- Hotels in Madeira Island
- Transportation in Madeira Island
- Nightlife in Madeira Island
- Restaurants in Madeira Island
- Shopping in Madeira Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Madeira Island
- See All...
Explore the World
- Kusatsu Hotels
- Vallensbæk Hotels
- Sparlingville Hotels
- Bergamo Hotels
- Cape Coast
- Havre de Grace
Badges & Stats in Madeira Island
- 69 Reviews
- 102 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Madeira Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Madeira Island
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Sports in Columbia"
- Commented on one of Toshioohsako's Madeira Island travel pages
- Wrote a Review Talk to someone who knows! in Madeira Island Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "Pizza time!"
- updated a Madeira Island Travel Page "Madeira - Small archipelago of volcanic orgin."
Photos in Madeira IslandSee All Photos (102)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corfu Island Intro, 76 reviews, 155 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hoogeveen Intro, 90 reviews, 138 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 72 reviews, 131 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Narbonne Intro, 54 reviews, 149 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 56 reviews, 137 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 44 reviews, 135 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madeira Island Intro, 69 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 57 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hinterstoder Intro, 51 reviews, 108 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cavallino Intro, 38 reviews, 115 photos