"Named after St. Anne, mother of the Virgin Mary." Santana by Jerelis
Santana Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 69 photos
Named after St. Anne, mother of the Virgin Mary, Santana is a village of hedgerows and flowers on the north eastern side of Madeira Ilsand. Complete with waterfalls, cobble-stoned streets, luch green meadows and plunging ravines, it is maybe one of the most picturesque and caracteristic villages in Europe.
With their thatched roofs and wood-pannelled interiors, the famous triangular shaped houses of Santana are a must see attraction in Madeira. These Casas de Colmo are made from straw. More than 100 of them still excist, thanks to a tourism initiative to reward the best-kept house. Some open their door to visitors and we we very surprised by the amount of available space inside.
Jerelis' Related Pages
Santana Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Santana - Laurissilva forest born here"
- "The North Coast"
- "Named after St. Anne, mother of the Virgin Mary."
- "Santana - including Queimadas and Pico Ruivo"
- "Santana, Madeira."
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Santana
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Santana?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santana
Top 10 Pages
- Hoogeveen Intro, 92 reviews, 141 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corfu Island Intro, 76 reviews, 155 photos, 3 travelogues
- Padova Intro, 59 reviews, 155 photos
- Pula Intro, 51 reviews, 162 photos
- Fazana Intro, 45 reviews, 162 photos
- Venice Intro, 72 reviews, 131 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Narbonne Intro, 54 reviews, 149 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 56 reviews, 137 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 44 reviews, 135 photos
- Maastricht Intro, 47 reviews, 130 photos