"A bit of a tourist trap." Bagur by Jerelis
Bagur Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 84 photos
The only thing we knew about Begur was that it was quite a touristic village. But despite of its touristic character, the village has important historical remnants that go back in early history. The castle of Begur is a good example of medieval remains. Also the main square with the beautiful Eglesia Parroquial de Sant Pere is worth a visit.
Like we said before; the castle of Begur is a good example of medieval remains. The castle was constructed in the 16th and 17th centuries and towers over the village of Begur, it is a very impressive view. In the centre of Begur the beautiful Eglesia Parroquial de Sant Pere (which has a Gothic interior) is very prominent. So, just have a nice refreshment at the square and do look up to the church and the castle. The only thing which was a bit of a disappointment was the size of Begur. We were in and out within an hour. Enjoy Begur!
One thing that keeps coming in my memory is the striking silhouette of the medieval castle overlooking the town of... more travel advice
Most people try to rush Begur on a budget so they end up missing some of the highlights in a whirlwind. The key to... more travel advice
Jerelis' Related Pages
Bagur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A bit of a tourist trap."
- "Costa Brava: Begur"
- "Relax and gorgeous beaches"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bagur
- Hotels in Bagur
- Transportation in Bagur
- Restaurants in Bagur
- Warnings and Dangers in Bagur
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bagur
- 21 Reviews
- 73 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Bagur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bagur
Photos in BagurSee All Photos (73)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corfu Island Intro, 76 reviews, 155 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hoogeveen Intro, 91 reviews, 139 photos, 2 travelogues
- Padova Intro, 59 reviews, 155 photos
- Venice Intro, 72 reviews, 131 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Narbonne Intro, 54 reviews, 149 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 56 reviews, 137 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 44 reviews, 135 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madeira Island Intro, 69 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 57 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hinterstoder Intro, 51 reviews, 108 photos, 1 travelogue