"Nice town at the sea." La Escala by Jerelis
La Escala Travel Guide: 49 reviews and 109 photos
The interesting village of L'Escala is situated on the Costa Brava, located between the southern end of the Gulf of Roses and Cala (bay) Montgó. It is an important fishing port and tourist centre, and has a festival dedicated to its famous anchovies.
Our main goal to visit the city of L'Escala was to have a look at the ruins of Empúries which are located on the territory of the municipality. Right here you'll find Phoenician and Roman remains dating from 580 BC. When its exposed coastal position left it open to marauders, the town was abandoned. All was is left now are the ruins which are definitely worth a visit when you're around L'Escala. We enjoyed our walk over the area and ended up for a swim in the close by sea. Enjoy!
Maybe it is all about that you must know what you want to see before setting out in this particular village. Before we... more travel advice
How we even ended up at L’Escala is maybe a bit of a weird story. We stayed during our summer holiday at Pals and at one... more travel advice
Jerelis' Related Pages
La Escala Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "L'Escala: ruins & anchovies"
- "Nice town at the sea."
- "Beach house"
- "LA ESCALA NEEDS YOUR URGENT HELP"
- "Ampola's L'Escala Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in La Escala
- Hotels in La Escala
- Transportation in La Escala
- Restaurants in La Escala
- Warnings and Dangers in La Escala
- See All...
Badges & Stats in La Escala
- 23 Reviews
- 70 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to La Escala?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in La Escala
Photos in La EscalaSee All Photos (70)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corfu Island Intro, 76 reviews, 155 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hoogeveen Intro, 91 reviews, 139 photos, 2 travelogues
- Padova Intro, 59 reviews, 155 photos
- Venice Intro, 72 reviews, 131 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Narbonne Intro, 54 reviews, 149 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 56 reviews, 137 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 44 reviews, 135 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madeira Island Intro, 69 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 57 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hinterstoder Intro, 51 reviews, 108 photos, 1 travelogue