"A beautiful medieval town." Top 5 Page for this destination Pals by Jerelis
Pals Travel Guide: 52 reviews and 161 photos
When we first drove past the little village of Pals we already could see it from the road, build up against a mountain. What a beautiful sight! Especially the medieval Romanesque tower, known as the Torre de les Hores (Tower of the Hours) was very prominent in our view. At that time we already knew that we were going to visit the place and we were not sorry for that!
Once we did visit Pals, we learned that this medieval town has a Gothic Quarter which has been substantially restored. We loved walking over the are cobbled streets which sometimes are interrupted by semicircular arches, façades with pointed arched windows and stone balconies. The town wall contains four square towers which date from the 4th century. It lies in Catalonia, northern Spain a few kilometres from the sea in the heart of the Bay of Emporda on the Costa Brava. Truly worth a visit.
The only downside to visiting the beaches is it gets busy at sometimes. But just arrive in time and you will find a... more travel advice
If you like to stay near stunning coastlines on your camping holidays, Spain is an excellent choice of destination. The... more travel advice
- See All Bit of a fast food joint.
- See All Plaça Major – In the Gothic Quarter.
- See All "Les Quatre Barres."
- See All Josep Pla Viewpoint – 'Passeig...
- See All All necessary services.
Jerelis' Related Pages
Pals Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A beautiful medieval town."
- "Medieval town of Pals"
- "Finding a small quite town"
- "Pals town Journey"
- "Suprising PALS"
- "Summerholiday 2006 in Spain"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pals
- Hotels in Pals
- Transportation in Pals
- Nightlife in Pals
- Restaurants in Pals
- Warnings and Dangers in Pals
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pals
- 34 Reviews
- 116 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Pals?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pals
Photos in PalsSee All Photos (116)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corfu Island Intro, 76 reviews, 155 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hoogeveen Intro, 91 reviews, 139 photos, 2 travelogues
- Padova Intro, 59 reviews, 155 photos
- Venice Intro, 72 reviews, 131 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Narbonne Intro, 54 reviews, 149 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 56 reviews, 137 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 44 reviews, 135 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madeira Island Intro, 69 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 57 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hinterstoder Intro, 51 reviews, 108 photos, 1 travelogue