"A beautiful medieval town." Top 5 Page for this destination Pals by Jerelis

Pals Travel Guide: 52 reviews and 161 photos

What a beautiful sight.

When we first drove past the little village of Pals we already could see it from the road, build up against a mountain. What a beautiful sight! Especially the medieval Romanesque tower, known as the Torre de les Hores (Tower of the Hours) was very prominent in our view. At that time we already knew that we were going to visit the place and we were not sorry for that!

The Bay of Emporda on the Costa Brava.

Once we did visit Pals, we learned that this medieval town has a Gothic Quarter which has been substantially restored. We loved walking over the are cobbled streets which sometimes are interrupted by semicircular arches, façades with pointed arched windows and stone balconies. The town wall contains four square towers which date from the 4th century. It lies in Catalonia, northern Spain a few kilometres from the sea in the heart of the Bay of Emporda on the Costa Brava. Truly worth a visit.

• Last visit to Pals: Aug 2012
  • Intro Updated Sep 4, 2012

• breughel's Profile Photo
    Oct 6, 2012 at 2:31 AM

The beach for the kids and a medieval town to visit. What could be better ?

• Jerelis's Profile Photo
      Oct 8, 2012 at 12:48 AM

I guess it can't be better ... fun and history all wrapped up together :)

• garridogal's Profile Photo
    Sep 6, 2012 at 4:52 AM

I'm not the camping type but I think I could be convinced to try Mas Patoxas! Looks like a wonderful trip.

• Jerelis's Profile Photo
      Sep 6, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Thank you for your kind notice. I hope to write soon more about Pals, because the city has a lot to offer.

• garridogal's Profile Photo
      Sep 6, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Yo <3 España!

Jerelis

“Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans!”

Badges & Stats in Pals