"Anton Pieck kind of feeling" Tecklenburg by Jerelis
Tecklenburg Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 51 photos
The small town of Tecklenburg is a lovely tourist place, a place to relax and to walk around or to enjoy a long weekend of doing nothing - beautifully. The city's center streets represent old European charm. As we walked these streets, we sensed becoming part of history - 100's years of lives lived out in these same streets ... farmers, traders, men, women, children, nobles, inn keepers, tradesmen, poor folk, city rulers, local clergy, old folk and young ones ... and yes ... now even us.
As we stayed in Bad Bentheim and wanted to have a nice day out in a beautiful town or city we were focussed on Munster, Norhorn or Osnabruck. Via a tip we heared of the place Tecklenburg. It is so hard to imagine that this place is so close to bustling, 21st century German urban areas like Munster. Tecklenburg is a place to relax today set against a decor going back to the Middle Ages.
Tecklenburg retained some of its medieval townscape to date. Main sites include the ruined castle (now serving as open air theatre during the Summer) and the Stadtkirche (the main, old church) including tombs of the dukes of Tecklenburg and others prominent in the history of the county and city.
For years, we have all been told of the importance of water. The general guideline has been to drink 2 liter of water... more travel advice
But don’t sweat it … Tecklenburg also has hundreds of years of history; and nowhere is this more evident than at the... more travel advice
Jerelis' Related Pages
Tecklenburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "At the edge of Teutoburger Wald"
- "Anton Pieck kind of feeling"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tecklenburg
- Hotels in Tecklenburg
- Transportation in Tecklenburg
- Restaurants in Tecklenburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Tecklenburg
- See All...
Explore the World
- Bradfordville Hotels
- Kansas City
- Castel Gandolfo
- Muhafazat Janub Sina'
- Dalkey Hotels
- Ko Mai Thon Hotels
- Kampung Teluk Kemang Hotels
- Kanton Zürich Hotels
- Sai Kung
- Ayia Napa
- Banepa Hotels
- Eureka Springs
- Parco Nazionale del Vesuvio
Badges & Stats in Tecklenburg
- 19 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Tecklenburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tecklenburg
Photos in TecklenburgSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corfu Island Intro, 76 reviews, 155 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hoogeveen Intro, 90 reviews, 138 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 72 reviews, 131 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Narbonne Intro, 54 reviews, 149 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 56 reviews, 137 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 44 reviews, 135 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madeira Island Intro, 69 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 57 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hinterstoder Intro, 51 reviews, 108 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cavallino Intro, 38 reviews, 115 photos
Latest Tecklenburg hotel reviews
- Hotel Bismarckhohe
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 4, 2011