"Clermont ranks among the oldest cities of France." Clermont-Ferrand by Jerelis
Clermont-Ferrand Travel Guide: 50 reviews and 87 photos
For us our visit to Clermont-Ferrand was nothing but a quick stop. We were on our way from The Netherlands to Pals in Spain and after a 1050 kilometer drive we had booked a hotel to stay for the night. A so called pit stop :) ... we had a short visit to the center of the city and immediately felt sorry that we only booked one night.
We were amazed by the rich history of the city. The first known mention was by the Greek geographer Strabo and in the 5th century the city became the seat of a bishop. Finally Clermont became a royal city in 1551, and in 1610, the inseparable property of the Crown. Of course all this history has left its marks and we did enjoy them a lot. Just all those beautiful facades (too much to mention) and the amazing Place de Jaude, the central square in Clermont-Ferrand with its beautiful gothic Cathédrale Notre-Dame-de-l'Assomption. Next time we will stay a bit longer, because we needed more time to explore it all.
Clermont-Ferrand ranks amongst the oldest cities of France, it is a city with more than 2,000 years of history. Right... more travel advice
Take time to meander - losing yourself in the maze of alleys, streets and lanes is one of Clermont-Ferrand old town's... more travel advice
- See All The much loved kebab.
- See All Suitable for a night.
- See All Cathedral – Rich interior.
- Voltage, frequency and plug ins.
Jerelis' Related Pages
Clermont-Ferrand Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Clermont ranks among the oldest cities of France."
- "Clermont-Ferrand Provence Auvergne."
- "A nice town in the middle of France"
- "A Visit to Clermont Ferrand"
- "Vive la France"
- "Clermont-Ferrand, FR"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Clermont-Ferrand
- Hotels in Clermont-Ferrand
- Transportation in Clermont-Ferrand
- Nightlife in Clermont-Ferrand
- Restaurants in Clermont-Ferrand
- Shopping in Clermont-Ferrand
- Warnings and Dangers in Clermont-Ferrand
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Clermont-Ferrand
- 19 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Clermont-Ferrand?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Clermont-Ferrand
- Posted in Travel Amsterdam Forum "Re: Where to park in Amsterdam? "
- Commented on one of Jerelis's Clermont-Ferrand travel pages
- Wrote a Review Hiking - Delights at every turn. in Clermont-Ferrand Sports & Outdoors
- Uploaded a Photo to "Hiking - Delights at every turn."
- created a Clermont-Ferrand Travel Page "Clermont ranks among the oldest cities of France."
Photos in Clermont-FerrandSee All Photos (39)
Top 10 Pages
- Hoogeveen Intro, 92 reviews, 141 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corfu Island Intro, 76 reviews, 155 photos, 3 travelogues
- Padova Intro, 59 reviews, 155 photos
- Venice Intro, 72 reviews, 131 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Narbonne Intro, 54 reviews, 149 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 56 reviews, 137 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 44 reviews, 135 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madeira Island Intro, 69 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 57 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hinterstoder Intro, 51 reviews, 108 photos, 1 travelogue