"One of the winter sports centers in Germany." Winterberg by Jerelis
Winterberg Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 74 photos
The small village of Winterberg is one of the winter sports centers of the Sauerland (Germany), best known probably for the bobsleigh, luge, and skeleton track. For me visiting Winterberg in the winter always is an unique experience. It's a 3 hour drive from my home ... which means that whenever I want to ski I get out of bed early in the morning and 3,5 hours later I'm on top of a 900 metres high mountain, in the snow and all geared up to ski!
Me and my best friends can go without seeing each other for a few weeks, but once we reunite, it feels like nothing's passed. We instinctively know if something's wrong. We worry about each other. We support each other. We laughs at each other silliness. We're exactly the same, yet also very different. We kind of balance each other out, and we learn from each other. That's what a perfect friendship is all about. In that context being in Winterberg is always a great time, being together with my best friends in the snow. We go to Winterberg every year for a long weekend of skiiing.
The Winterberg bobsleigh, luge and skeleton track is a bobsleigh, luge and skeleton track located near our house in Winterberg. It was great fun to have a good look at the training runs. Although it was rather cold the excitement kept us warm. So every now and then we had to make way for the tractor that took 2 bobs back up the hills and a few minutes later we saw them coming down with huge speed in the track. As far as we could discover we learned that the track hosted the first two-woman bobsleigh world championships in 2000. It also hosted the FIBT World Championships of men bobsleigh in 1995. Quite a historical ground I must say. After a half hour we decided that it was time to get back to our warm house and we took off. But still in the background hearing the bobsleigh getting down fast!
Although the Bobhaus Winterberg is known as the oldest ski hut of the ski area of Winterberg we only visited for the... more travel advice
The ski resort of Winterberg only has one black piste to ski on. But what is a black piste exactly? It's a piste that is... more travel advice
- Travelling with (young) kids.
- Playing poker with my friends.
- See All Fully equipped and well maintained.
- See All Skiing – From bed directly upon the...
Jerelis' Related Pages
Winterberg Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Winterberg
- Hotels in Winterberg
- Transportation in Winterberg
- Nightlife in Winterberg
- Restaurants in Winterberg
- Warnings and Dangers in Winterberg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Winterberg
- 23 Reviews
- 74 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Winterberg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Winterberg
Photos in WinterbergSee All Photos (74)
Top 10 Pages
- Hoogeveen Intro, 92 reviews, 141 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corfu Island Intro, 76 reviews, 155 photos, 3 travelogues
- Padova Intro, 59 reviews, 155 photos
- Pula Intro, 51 reviews, 162 photos
- Fazana Intro, 45 reviews, 162 photos
- Venice Intro, 72 reviews, 131 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Narbonne Intro, 54 reviews, 149 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 56 reviews, 137 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 44 reviews, 135 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madeira Island Intro, 69 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues