Auen Favorite Tips by Jerelis
Auen Favorites: 3 reviews and 4 photos
Jeroen and Iris enjoying the moment.
Favorite thing: When we started to think about travelling plans for the autumn of 2004, we had a few things to consider. Our little daughter Iris was over 3 years old. Of course we wanted a place to visit for our own enjoyement, but needed something to do for Iris as well. Besides that Relinde was pregnant of Sam, so what to do?
We took in mind that we didn't want to travel too far away, we wanted some good hiking paths and some cultural places to visit. Besides that we wanted some leisure at the apartment and decided to take along my parents and the mother of Relinde as well.
We ended up in Auen, a very small village in Germany and as you will continue reading this Auen page, you will see that we were definately not sorry for it. Auen is just a nice spot to stay. We have travelled a lot over the world and we honestly can state that Auen is a nice destination. Although we must admit that 7 days at this village was more than enough!
Favorite thing: Let’s make no secret of it. We both like a nice cold glass of beer. Being abroad is always a challenge to find a beer we like, which reflects our taste of having a beer. In Germany it was sometimes rather difficult. We found out that there are quite some local beers, only known in that particular area. But anyway, we did like the Kirner Pils.
The history of the Kirner family dates back to the 15th century. The first link to a brewery is made in the 17th century when they opened the doors in the little village of Kirn. The beer became rather popular and ever since 1798 it´s even available on a large scale. Just try it, it´s good!
Iris having fun at the playing ground.
Favorite thing: We were pleasantly amazed by the fact that Auen is a little village that is very, very friendly for little kids.
First of all (but we guess you'll find it anywhere) all the local people spoke to us about little Iris. She was about 3 years at that time. Everybody thought she was adorable and we were great parents to take such a sweet and young girl on vacation, instead of leaving her home! Everybody gave her attention, a little present or candy.
But what truly amazed us was that this little town had a very well organized and maintained playground for little kids. Some of them even have officials who guard the ground. It was great!
More Reviews (29)
- See All Travelling with a little kid.
- See All Talk to someone who knows ...
- See All Beertasting!
- See All Kneipp-Anlage
- See All Hiking - Soonwald / Spectacular...
Jerelis' Related Pages
Auen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wine, wine and even more wine!"
- "Auen a wine locallity near the Nahe valley"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Auen
- Hotels in Auen
- Transportation in Auen
- Nightlife in Auen
- Restaurants in Auen
- Warnings and Dangers in Auen
- See All...
Explore the World
- Mojave Hotels
- Mauritania Hotels
- Meadows Hotels
- Sundsvall Hotels
- Hanau am Main
Badges & Stats in Auen
- 32 Reviews
- 46 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Auen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Auen
Photos in AuenSee All Photos (46)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corfu Island Intro, 76 reviews, 155 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hoogeveen Intro, 84 reviews, 122 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 72 reviews, 131 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Narbonne Intro, 54 reviews, 149 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 56 reviews, 137 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 44 reviews, 135 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madeira Island Intro, 69 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 57 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hinterstoder Intro, 51 reviews, 108 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pals Intro, 34 reviews, 116 photos