"Amazing half-timbered houses" Top 5 Page for this destination Bernkastel-Kues by Jerelis
Bernkastel-Kues Travel Guide: 137 reviews and 332 photos
This beautiful place is mentioned in the 7th century, but came to it's full bloom in the 12th century. The quality wine made the region and Bernkastel-Kues known worldwide.
Every time visit Bernkastel Keus we see and experience a lot. It's particularly famous for its unique Market Square and the many well preserved half-timbered houses. Bernkastel Keus is the centre of the Middle Mosel Valley. Its unmistakeable identity arised out of the multiplicity of its attractions: its culture, its history, the high quality of its wines and the variety of it touristic surroundings.
At the steep and slaty slopes you can breath in the magic scent of the wine and even watch the vinters at work. That is fun and makes a holiday on one of the many wine estates in Bernkastel Keus so interesting. The Mosel Riesling is the very best that viticulture has produced. Just have a go at it!
Some old names of the city:
Let’s make no secret of it. We both like a nice cold glass of beer. Being abroad is always a challenge to find a beer we... more travel advice
During our trip back into the Middle Ages at the Marktplatz we had something to drink at Café Hansen. A great place to... more travel advice
- See All St. Michaelskirche - Richly ornamented...
- See All Burg Landshut - The grandest panoramas.
- Talk to someone who knows ...
Jerelis' Related Pages
Bernkastel-Kues Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "a great castle & bears for breakfast"
- "Amazing half-timbered houses"
- "Welcome in Bernkastel Kues - Mosel valley"
- "Heart of the central Mosel"
- "DROP DEAD GORGEOUS BERNKASTEL-KUES!"
- "A Surprise trip to the Mosel-Saar-Ruwer wine area"
- "Bernkastel-Kues: German Fairy-Tale Romantic"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bernkastel-Kues
- Hotels in Bernkastel-Kues
- Transportation in Bernkastel-Kues
- Nightlife in Bernkastel-Kues
- Restaurants in Bernkastel-Kues
- Shopping in Bernkastel-Kues
- Warnings and Dangers in Bernkastel-Kues
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bernkastel-Kues
- 17 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Bernkastel-Kues?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bernkastel-Kues
- Posted in Travel Moldova Forum "Re: Things you can only do in..."
- Wrote a Review Travelling with (young) kids. in Bernkastel-Kues Transportation
- Commented on one of globetrott's Bernkastel-Kues travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Kirner pils."
- updated a Bernkastel-Kues Travel Page "Amazing half-timbered houses"
Photos in Bernkastel-KuesSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Hoogeveen Intro, 92 reviews, 141 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corfu Island Intro, 76 reviews, 155 photos, 3 travelogues
- Padova Intro, 59 reviews, 155 photos
- Venice Intro, 72 reviews, 131 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Narbonne Intro, 54 reviews, 149 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 56 reviews, 137 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 44 reviews, 135 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madeira Island Intro, 69 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 57 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hinterstoder Intro, 51 reviews, 108 photos, 1 travelogue