"Tumwater Falls Park" Top 5 Page for this destination Olympia by GuthrieColin
Olympia Travel Guide: 110 reviews and 380 photos
Tumwater Falls Park is a small urban park constructed by the old Olympia Brewing Company. The Brewery is now out of business but the park remains. The park, City and falls were named after a Chinook word 'tumtum' meaning rushing water.
This park, although small and in many cases altered from its natural state, still makes for an urban oasis. The proximity to I-5 makes it an ideal location to stop on your way south to get out and stretch your legs. It is easily accessible as well and would be a suitable place to bring the kids for a casual outing.
Tumwater Falls Park Links:
At a very early time in the regions history this waterfall was altered by the construction of a dam. That dam has... more travel advice
GuthrieColin's Related Pages
Olympia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Olympia - My Hometown"
- "Olympia, the Capital City of Washington State"
- "A Capitol Experience Indeed"
- "Tumwater Falls Park"
- "Olympia, Washington"
- "olympia, yeah, yeah, yeah"
- "Olympia has got to be the rainiest city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Olympia
- Hotels in Olympia
- Transportation in Olympia
- Nightlife in Olympia
- Restaurants in Olympia
- Shopping in Olympia
- Warnings and Dangers in Olympia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Olympia
- 3 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (44)
Have you been to Olympia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Olympia
Photos in OlympiaSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 54 reviews, 134 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 42 reviews, 117 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Silver Falls State Park Intro, 25 reviews, 71 photos
- Honolulu Intro, 23 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palau Intro, 30 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Crater Lake National Park Intro, 18 reviews, 54 photos
- Bonneville Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Multnomah Falls Intro, 15 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Rainier National Park Intro, 14 reviews, 39 photos
- Zion National Park Intro, 18 reviews, 34 photos