"North Cascades National Park" North Cascades National Park by GuthrieColin

North Cascades National Park Travel Guide: 83 reviews and 154 photos

North Cascades National Park is one of the most geologically diverse locations in the world. It contains the jagged type mountains most commonly characteristic of the Alps in Europe. These jagged mountains are home to more than 300 glaciers and is the most heavily glaciated area in the United States outside of Alaska. The park also is home to some of the most beautiful virgin old growth forests and a wide variety of wildlife. Park admission is free but a Northwest Forest Pass is required for those parking at the trailheads in the park. The pass costs $5.00 - Day $30.00 – Annual and is valid in all other National Forests.

North Cascades National Park links:
www.nps.gov
www.north.cascades.national-park.com
www.waterfallsnorthwest.com

• Last visit to North Cascades National Park: May 2006
  • Intro Updated May 22, 2006

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2009 at 5:05 AM

A park that continues to elude me. I have to make a point to get here. Upper Ladder Creek Falls shows you it's not about size. Thanks for showing me what I've missed so I don't do it again.

• DPando's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2008 at 1:42 PM

will be very useful for my next trip! thanks so much mate

• agapotravel's Profile Photo
    Sep 13, 2008 at 8:52 AM

Your tips are so detailed and thorough, Colin. I love seeing what I'll actually be seeing when I travel there. :-)

• mtncorg's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2008 at 11:32 AM

Nice look at some of what there to offer here. Of course, to really enjoy, you gotta get up a little higher ;-]

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2008 at 8:05 AM

What an excellent page this is! It is difficult to believe there are so many beautiful spots that I never even knew existed, let alone visited!! Beautiful photos of raw nature.

• roamer61's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2007 at 5:33 AM

Beautiful photos and great tips for this often overlooked Natl Park.

• Oct 11, 2006 at 8:14 PM

fantastic page colin! your photos are beautiful, and great tips too!

• chewy3326's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2006 at 3:40 AM

Just checking back on this page... Ladder Creek Falls looks very beautiful. I know I made a mistake not visiting North Cascades last time I was in Washington...

GuthrieColin

“?Nothing is weaker than water, but when it attacks something hard or resistant, nothing withstands it.? - Lao Tzu”

Badges & Stats in North Cascades National Park

Have you been to North Cascades National Park?

Latest Activity in North Cascades National Park