"Zion National Park" Zion National Park by GuthrieColin
Zion National Park Travel Guide: 596 reviews and 1,368 photos
Zion is on of the most visited parks in the Desert Southwest. With an annual visitor flow of over 2 million people a year it is no wonder that it is one of the most easily accessible and visitor friendly parks that I have been to. Its name came from an ancient Hebrew word meaning "a place of refuge or sanctuary."
The park was established in 1909 as Mukntuweap National Monument and has since been expanded renamed. It is approximately 229 square miles (593.1 km) and is truly impressive. The elevation is from 3,666 ft (1,128m), Coalpits Wash at its lowest point to 8,726 feet (2,660M), Horse Ranch Mountain at its highest.
The precipitation in Zion is only about 15 inches per year however it averages over 14 thunderstorms per month in July and August. The park has a wide variety of plant and animal life and is the ancestral home of Puebloan Indians. Admission is 20 dollars per car.
The early Mormon settlers set their mark at Zion National Park particularly in naming many of the landforms like: Angels... more travel advice
Running water picnic tables and toilets. What more could a camper ask for. It was, however, quite windy at night and the... more travel advice
GuthrieColin's Related Pages
Zion National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Zion National Park Page"
- "Getting High in Zion"
- "Zion National Park, One of My Favorites"
- "Beautiful Zion"
- "Fall Colours and Waterfalls at Zion NP"
- "Zion National Park"
- "Zion, such a wonderful place"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zion National Park
- Hotels in Zion National Park
- Transportation in Zion National Park
- Nightlife in Zion National Park
- Restaurants in Zion National Park
- Shopping in Zion National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Zion National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zion National Park
- 18 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (44)
Have you been to Zion National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zion National Park
Photos in Zion National ParkSee All Photos (34)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 54 reviews, 134 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 42 reviews, 117 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Silver Falls State Park Intro, 25 reviews, 71 photos
- Honolulu Intro, 23 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palau Intro, 30 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Crater Lake National Park Intro, 18 reviews, 54 photos
- Bonneville Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Multnomah Falls Intro, 15 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Rainier National Park Intro, 14 reviews, 39 photos
- Zion National Park Intro, 18 reviews, 34 photos