"Multnomah Falls" Top 5 Page for this destination Multnomah Falls by GuthrieColin

Multnomah Falls Travel Guide: 70 reviews and 183 photos

Multnomah falls is claimed to be the second tallest waterfall in the country. I doubt that claim very much but it is a very beautiful waterfall. The surrounding area also has a large number of tall and interesting waterfalls. Any visit to Portland should involve the short drive out to this gorge to appreciate the waterfalls.
Some of the other popular trail systems and waterfalls nearby include John B Yeon State Park, the Wyeth camping area, Bonneville, and Starvation Creek State Park.

Multnomah Falls Links:

Oct 26, 2009 at 2:34 PM

Great page for a gorgeous looking spot. We hope to visit in Oct 2010

• PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2008 at 4:58 AM

Very well written! I think Ponytail Falls was my favorite - I love the views along the hike and the fact you can walk behind them!

• desert_princess's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2007 at 2:59 AM

Been at Multnomah falls and surrounding park and trails in the remote 1991. I don't recall visiting the other waterfalls in the area - shame , they're pretty ;)) Thanx 4 taking us there...Lovely legend ...

• Jul 25, 2006 at 5:17 PM

my child, i shall christen you "the waterfall king" :-)

• ZanieOR's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2005 at 7:06 PM

I'd never seen a photo from the top of Multnomah Falls before (and I've never been to the top). You are right, it probably would be disappointing. The falls are great, though.

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Jan 21, 2005 at 2:29 PM

We had a great time at Multnomah Falls last Summer. They're truly awesome!

• Geoff_Wright's Profile Photo
    Jan 20, 2005 at 4:26 AM

I never had time to climb to the top, but did cross the bridge. The 3 Falls along this route are spectacular aren't they?

• Nov 4, 2004 at 2:31 PM

such beautiful falls!

GuthrieColin

“?Nothing is weaker than water, but when it attacks something hard or resistant, nothing withstands it.? - Lao Tzu”

Badges & Stats in Multnomah Falls

Have you been to Multnomah Falls?

Latest Activity in Multnomah Falls