Hood River Off The Beaten Path Tips by GuthrieColin Top 5 Page for this destination
Hood River Off The Beaten Path: 5 reviews and 15 photos
Tamanawas Falls is a short 3.8 mile (6.1 km) round trip hike. I would consider them a block from waterfall even though they do completely come away from the face of the cliff. In fact if you were inclined you could likely traverse behind the waterfall.
I traveled to the falls in early May and found that their was quite a bit of snow to be found. The hike begins at about 3,000 feet (914 m) in elevation and gains only 500 feet over the course of the trail. The trail can be a bit tricky in the winter but the footpaths should be somewhat helpful. For better directions see the link below.
As for the falls they are about 100 feet (31 m) and take on a fairly large volume. I did not experience a large amount of overspray from the falls but I also did not get all that close to them. Overall this falls is certainly worth the drive and short hike.
From Hood River take exit 64 from Hwy 84. Travel south on Hwy 35 for approximately 25 miles. The turnoff for the trailhead is about 1.5 miles after the Polallie Creek Campground.
More Reviews (3)
GuthrieColin's Related Pages
Hood River Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "HOOD RIVER - ADVENTURE EPICENTER"
- "Road to Hood River, Oregon"
- "Hood River"
- "More than just a mountain view"
- "Hood River Valey Tastes :o)"
- "rustreckless's new Hood River Page"
- "Heart of the Columbia River Gorge"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hood River
- Hotels in Hood River
- Transportation in Hood River
- Restaurants in Hood River
- Warnings and Dangers in Hood River
- See All...
Explore the World
- Libreville Hotels
- Los Mochis
- Rehoboth Beach
- Hanapepe Hotels
- Podanur Hotels
- Antigua Island Hotels
- Kals-am Großglockner
- Alexandria Off The Beaten Path
- Jacques-Cartier National Park
- Ohio Off The Beaten Path
- Shillong Off The Beaten Path
- Sonoma Off The Beaten Path
- Salford Quays/Lowry/War Museum
- Jerusalem Off The Beaten Path
- Buenos Aires Off The Beaten Path
- Moab Off The Beaten Path
- Knoxville Off The Beaten Path
- Iceland Off The Beaten Path
- Adana Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Hood River
- 4 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Hood River?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hood River
Photos in Hood RiverSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 54 reviews, 134 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 42 reviews, 117 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Silver Falls State Park Intro, 25 reviews, 71 photos
- Honolulu Intro, 23 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palau Intro, 30 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Crater Lake National Park Intro, 18 reviews, 54 photos
- Bonneville Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Multnomah Falls Intro, 15 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Rainier National Park Intro, 14 reviews, 39 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zion National Park Intro, 18 reviews, 34 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (28)
Latest Hood River hotel reviews
- Vagabond Lodge
- 201 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Prater's Motel
- 18 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 20, 2013
- Best Western Hood River Inn
- 543 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Inn at the Gorge
- 38 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- Columbia Gorge Hotel
- 173 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013
- Columbia Cliff Villas Hood River
- 112 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 30, 2013