"Waimea Hawaii" Waimea by GuthrieColin
Waimea Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 29 photos
Waimea is in the center of the surfing Mecca of the world. Just a few miles from the world famous Bonsai Pipeline and Sunset beach it also features the scenic Waimea Falls park.
The small town feel and overwhelming desire to become a surfer come over you when visiting the area. Along with the small town feel, the traffic is typically very bad (their is only 1 highway) but that is OK because the relaxed feel of the North Shore should make you feel like it really doesn't matter when you get there.
Surf Competitions Schedule
Traveling around the North Shore you will undoubtedly run into traffic. Parking is a nightmare as well. The only way to... more travel advice
GuthrieColin's Related Pages
Waimea Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Waimea Hawaii"
- "North Shore, Surfing Capital of the World"
- "SURF ALL DAY"
- "Waimea Beach"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Waimea
- Transportation in Waimea
- Warnings and Dangers in Waimea
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Waimea
- 3 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Waimea?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Waimea
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 54 reviews, 134 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 42 reviews, 117 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Silver Falls State Park Intro, 25 reviews, 71 photos
- Honolulu Intro, 23 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palau Intro, 30 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Crater Lake National Park Intro, 18 reviews, 54 photos
- Bonneville Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Multnomah Falls Intro, 15 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Rainier National Park Intro, 14 reviews, 39 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zion National Park Intro, 18 reviews, 34 photos