"The start point of christianic Latvia" Top 5 Page for this destination Cesis by LanaFromRiga
Cesis Travel Guide: 63 reviews and 163 photos
Cesis is a town that delights both visitors and inhabitants with its unique charm, rich heritage, winding medieval streets and the magnificent landscape of the Gauja National Park.
The Stone Castle of the Livonian Order is the most impressive and best preserved of castle ruins in Latvia, and it is certainly the most popular attraction in the old part of Cesis.
Old town with narrow, cobblestone streets are still keeping planning from the Middle Ages. Small, one and two story buildings with red tile roofs, noiseless courtyards create the atmosphere of the old town in the most remarkable way.
- Pros:Nice nature, near Riga, great historical arhitecture
- Cons:Not found
- In a nutshell:Pleasant one day trip
You have to try “Moritis” if you are in Cesis. It is a special cake with cream and jam. You can buy “”Moritis” in the... more travel advice
May Park was created in the 19th century, when castle ruins were fashionable features of parks, so one such artificial... more travel advice
LanaFromRiga's Related Pages
Cesis Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The start point of christianic Latvia"
- "Cesis – historical town"
- "Wet wet wet Cesis"
- "Cesis - medieval atmosphere Latvian town"
- "Cesis - wonderful town in Latvia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cesis
- Hotels in Cesis
- Transportation in Cesis
- Nightlife in Cesis
- Restaurants in Cesis
- Shopping in Cesis
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cesis
- 19 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Cesis?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cesis
Photos in CesisSee All Photos (31)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riga Region Intro, 59 reviews, 90 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 34 reviews, 74 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 41 reviews, 43 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 37 reviews, 40 photos
- Valencia Intro, 32 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gorod Sankt-Peterburg Intro, 28 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tartu Intro, 23 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Latvia Intro, 19 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cesis Intro, 19 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallinn County Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos