"The Saaremaa Island" Top 5 Page for this destination Saaremaa by LanaFromRiga
Saaremaa Travel Guide: 63 reviews and 139 photos
Saaremaa is the island in The Baltic Sea. It's belong to Estonia. Saaremaa is the bigest island in Estonia. You can go there by ship from the port in Virstu town. Just 40 min. and you are in Muhu island. Muhu and Saaremaa islands are connected with road and people don't need water transport to go from one island to second.
The biggest town of the island is Kuressaare, there you will find the castle. Kuressaare town has its own charm and it is nice to have a walk. Loosi street is full of small shops, there you will find souvenirs and many interesting things.
In the southern part of island is Sõrve Peninsula with black-white lighthouse and fishermen villages.
In the northern part is Panga cliffs and Angla windmills. Persons who like cosmic things will be glad to see the Kaali meteorite craters.
Don't worry if you don't book the hotel, there are many of guest houses around Kuressaare.
- Pros:Saaremaa is a small island
- Cons:The weather might change suddenly
- In a nutshell:Island for nature fans
Be prepared for sudden strong wind and rain. I know about this and took with us warm closes, shoes and it was very... more travel advice
Andrey was very impressed after attending this place. I have scepsis about this "cosmic" things. Anyway, near the place... more travel advice
LanaFromRiga's Related Pages
Saaremaa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Saaremaa island"
- "The Saaremaa Island"
- "The largest island in Estonia"
- "Saaremaa and Hiiumaa"
- "Saaremaa isle"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saaremaa
- Hotels in Saaremaa
- Transportation in Saaremaa
- Nightlife in Saaremaa
- Restaurants in Saaremaa
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Saaremaa
- 11 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Saaremaa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saaremaa
Photos in SaaremaaSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riga Region Intro, 59 reviews, 90 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 34 reviews, 74 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 41 reviews, 43 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 37 reviews, 40 photos
- Valencia Intro, 32 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gorod Sankt-Peterburg Intro, 28 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tartu Intro, 23 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Latvia Intro, 19 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cesis Intro, 19 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallinn County Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos