"Gijon (Xixon)" Top 5 Page for this destination Gijón by LanaFromRiga
Gijón Travel Guide: 90 reviews and 275 photos
Gijon is a very popular place for tourists, but they are mostly Spanish (99%). It's mean that services are better, prices are lower, didn't mentioned pickpockets. I and my husband choose Gijon because we wanted to feel "real Spain" and seems we did it.
I advice this city for travellers, not for tourists, for persons who like Spanish lifestyle and culture. Gijon is an excellent place for try "to be like a Spanish". :-)
"Infogijon" the municipal tourist information service of Gijon will help you with necessary information. Gijon has a network of information points. The central tourist information centre is in Fomento Central Pier, www.visitgijon.com
Gijon is the second biggest ciy in Asturias region, it has very nice transportation system, many variants of car rental companies. There are many shopping possibilities (El Corte Ingles is also get-at-able).
- Pros:The ocean and mountains in one place
- Cons:Changeble weather and many clowds
- In a nutshell:Unforgetable romantic city with much positive energy
It is the beach of St.Lorenzo - Playa de San Lorenzo. Seems that a half of Spain is here, there are so many people.... more travel advice
It is a great celebrations once a year. Last weekend of august it is the cider festival in Gijon. Streets are decorated,... more travel advice
LanaFromRiga's Related Pages
Gijón Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gijón, my home"
- "GIJON- ASTURIAS A NATURAL PARADISE"
- "Gijon (Xixon)"
- "asturnut's Gijon/Xixon Page"
- "Gijon and some little town near there!!"
- "Gijón (Xixon), Asturias"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gijón
- Hotels in Gijón
- Transportation in Gijón
- Nightlife in Gijón
- Restaurants in Gijón
- Warnings and Dangers in Gijón
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gijón
- 6 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Gijón?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gijón
- Posted in Travel Riga Forum "Re: Restaurants in Riga"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Gijon inspires (photo by Andrey Skangals)"
- created a Gijón Travelogue "Gijon inspires (photo by Andrey Skangals)"
- Wrote a Review Visit the most popular beach in Spain in Gijón Things to Do
- Commented on one of asturnut's Gijón travel pages
Photos in GijónSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riga Region Intro, 59 reviews, 90 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 34 reviews, 74 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 41 reviews, 43 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 37 reviews, 40 photos
- Valencia Intro, 32 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gorod Sankt-Peterburg Intro, 28 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tartu Intro, 23 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Latvia Intro, 19 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cesis Intro, 19 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallinn County Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos