"Welcome to my country" Top 5 Page for this destination Latvia by LanaFromRiga
Latvia Travel Guide: 3,114 reviews and 7,528 photos
- Latvia is a part of European Union, but it is not in Euro zone now. Money in Latvia are Lats (LVL) 1 Lat consists of 100 santims.
- Latvia consists of 4 regions: Kurzeme in the west, Vidzeme in the north, Latgale n the east and Zemgale in the centre and south.
- Latvia is a small country that's why don't miss to go inside it and enjoy Latvia's nature: forests, rivers, lakes and the sea.
- The capital of Latvia is Riga. People of Riga speak English, German, French and Italian. In other towns of Latvia all speak only in Latvian, only n Latgale people will understand you if you'll speak Russian.
Other useful and practical information about Latvia you'll find in this page's tips.
Hello - Sveiki!
Good day - Labdien
How are you? - Ka tev iet?
Yes - ja/ No - ne
Goodbye - Uzredzeshanos
Please - Ludzu
Thank you - Paldies
What's your name? - Ka tevi sauc?
Pleased to meet you - Prieks iepazities
My name is... - Mani sauc...
Sorry - Atvainojiet
Where..? - Kur atrodas?...
How much does it cost? - Cik tas maksa?
Hotel - Viesnica
Right - Pa labi Left - Pa kreisi
Steight - Taisni
Bread - Maize, Milk - Piens
Water - Udens, Meat - Galja
Fruits - Augli, Vegetables - Darzeni
Open - Atverts, Closed - Slegts
Street – Iela
Area: 64.589 km2;
Cultural and historical division: Vidzeme (Middle and Northern part of Latvia), Kurzeme (Western part), Zemgale (Southern), Latgale (Eastern);
Location: Europe's North-East, on the Eastern coast of the Baltic Sea;
Climate: Moderate Central European sea climate. In summer it can be hot (over +30C) In winter the lowest temperature can be -29C.
Rivers: longest - Daugava 1 020km (353km in Latvia);
Population (202) Latvia 2 340 008; Riga (capital) 744 631;
Ethnic composition: Latvian 58%, Russian 30%, Belarusian 4%, Ukrainian 2,6%, Polish 2,5%, Lithuanian 1,4%.
Languages: Latvia (official), Russian. English and German are becoming more popular.
Religions: Lutheran, Roman Catholic, Russian Orthodox.
- Pros:Autentic rural area with a little bit "out of civilization" spirit
- Cons:No cross-references on roads, sometimes bad (unpolite) service
Lake Kanieris located not far from Jurmala (20 km). The lake is full of different kind of birds and fishes. It is... more travel advice
All this you'll enjoy if you'll be in Riga on the 18th of November. It is the Independance Day. In other towns of Latvia... more travel advice
LanaFromRiga's Related Pages
Latvia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sweet Home... Latvia"
- "Country of Landscapes"
- "Welcome to my country"
- "The country of Northern wind"
- "My home - Latvia"
- "Under Construction!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Latvia
- Hotels in Latvia
- Transportation in Latvia
- Nightlife in Latvia
- Restaurants in Latvia
- Shopping in Latvia
- Warnings and Dangers in Latvia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Latvia
- 176 Reviews
- 280 Photos
- 253 Forum posts
- 9 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Latvia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Latvia
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riga Region Intro, 59 reviews, 90 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 34 reviews, 74 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 41 reviews, 43 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 37 reviews, 40 photos
- Valencia Intro, 32 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gorod Sankt-Peterburg Intro, 28 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tartu Intro, 23 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Latvia Intro, 19 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cesis Intro, 19 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallinn County Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos