"Glenn's Homepage" glenn57's Profile

I'm a traveloholic. My love for travel originated from the age of 6, when my father and mother packed us all up, and moved us to Pakistan for 4 years, where my father had a contract as an electrical engineer. We did a lot of travelling around that country, as well as visiting a lot of countries on the way back.

After that, my travelling was pretty much limited to Canada, until I graduated from university, and did my first trip on my own; this trip took me to Hawaii, Australia, New Zealand, and French Polynesia. From then on, I was wild about travel, and have now been to over 110 countries (not that I'm counting, you understand).

People sometimes ask me : "What do you like most about travel - is it the different cultures, the scenery, meeting people, the architecture, the history, outdoor activities, or what ?". And I can't answer them, because I really like all of those things almost equally. One thing I don't travel for though is food. I eat to live, not the reverse. I'm just not a food person. I often skip lunch altogether when I'm travelling, because I'm busy seeing things and forget about lunch, or I don't have time, or, in the case of Western Europe, I can hardly afford it !

Virtual Tourist has been a great way for me to meet people in other countries, and to share travel information. It is the only website that I sometimes get addicted to.

NOTE: You could help me reach the gold star category (I'm almost there) by rating some of my travel pages !

• Intro Updated Jul 2, 2009

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
glenn57's Profile Photo

glenn57

“Why stay in an expensive 5-star hotel when you can sleep on a park bench with a piece of cardboard over you for free? :)”

Real Name