"Zierikzee" Zierikzee by BeaYong
Zierikzee Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 84 photos
This beautiful historical town was created in the 9th century. It is in the top 10 list of oldest monumental city's in the netherlands. The house of Tempelieren is the oldest house of Zierikzee( 15th century). One of my ancestors lived there, he was a coppersmith.
I'm hoping to move back to Zierikzee in a few years time.
Zierikzee is one of the oldest towns in the Netherlands. Got cityrights in 1248.
On the picture is the "Nobelpoort ", it was build in the 14th century. Because of the many old buildings that are kept in original style, Zierikzee is called a Monumental town.
Zeeland is in the southern part of the Netherlands, and most of it is water ! A big part of the island was flooded in 1953. After 1953 they build dams and bridges. One of the famous is the Delta works, which is located 20 minutes drive from Zierikzee.
This city hall building was build in the 14th century, and rebuild in the 16th and 18th century. On top of the tower... more travel advice
BeaYong's Related Pages
Zierikzee Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Zierikzee, a small city with monumental value"
- "Zierikzee, Holland"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zierikzee
- 2 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Zierikzee?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zierikzee
Photos in ZierikzeeSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Malaysia Intro, 1 review, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Zierikzee Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos
- Haamstede Intro, 1 review, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Innertkirchen Intro, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rotterdam Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Goes Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Breda Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Spain Intro, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Middelburg Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
No friends yet.