"Arround the Bay Trip" Queenscliff by chennaismartguy
Queenscliff Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 72 photos
On one weekend we decided (me and my collegues) decided to do this 'Around the Bay Trip'. So we booked a Toyota Tarago (since we are 8 of us) with Avis @ the Grand Hyatt. And I am being the designated driver, went and pick the car early in the morning (8:00 am...yeah its early on the weekend!!) Finally we are out of Melbourne by 9:30am. The first point we want to do is...go to Werribee and have our breakfast which we carried (bread, butter, jam & tuna). Someone suggested to visit the Werribee Zoo and suddenly there were objections by 4 (since they visited already that zoo and according to them its waste of money or tourist trap as in VT). So I suggested to visit the Mansion, most of them agreed...i mean 6.
So all the 6 of us took the Mansion ticket and started to explore the Mansion. We all like it and no regrets. Then we started to drive towards Geelong…since its one of the long weekend the traffic was bad (it’s the route towards Great Ocean Road). So we decided not to stop at Geelong and proceed towards Queenscliff. On the way we find a water amusement park. When we enquired with them…they said it will take a minimum of 2 hrs to spend inside…so we ruled out the option of visiting it.
On the way we took a diversion to visit Point Lonsdale to have our lunch (carried – You know we Indians like our own homemade food – bet that was the best lunch…we had Lemon rice, Sambar rice, Curd rice with Aloo fry…yummy) on the beach. It was so nice to overlook the blue waters and have our lunch. After, we visited the Lighthouse and the Jetty.
Drive again towards Queenscliff and took the car/passenger ferry to Sorrento. To my surprise they said if you want…you can stay inside the car. (since I have traveled in many car/passenger ferries across the globe and they never allow to stay inside the car while the ferry is moving) Well…its just a 40 minutes journey to Sorrento.
From Sorrento we took our way back home (Melbourne) along the Mornington Peninsula and on the way we visited Rye beach, Rye Back beach and Arthur Seat (see individual ‘Things to do’ section for details. When we reached Melbourne it’s almost 9:00pm. This is one of the wonderful side trips we did when I was in Melbourne.
chennaismartguy's Related Pages
Queenscliff Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sweetberry's Queenscliff Page"
- "Arround the Bay Trip"
- "QUEENSCLIFF SYDNEY"
- "Sea Fishing In The Bass Straits..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Queenscliff
- Hotels in Queenscliff
- Transportation in Queenscliff
- Restaurants in Queenscliff
- Warnings and Dangers in Queenscliff
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Queenscliff
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Queenscliff?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Queenscliff
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trinidad Intro, 56 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melbourne Intro, 47 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tobago Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Pondicherry Intro, 15 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hamburg Intro, 25 reviews, 6 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 15 reviews, 15 photos
- Sydney Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Saint Vincent Intro, 14 reviews, 14 photos
- Paris Intro, 14 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Schwerin Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos