"The Renaissance City - Oklahoma City" Top 5 Page for this destination Oklahoma City by rchilde
Oklahoma City Travel Guide: 382 reviews and 734 photos
Look out everyone; there is a new kid on the block! So to say.
Oklahoma City is the capital and principle city in the state of Oklahoma. With a population of more than 1.2 million residents, there is plenty to do and see.
The city is comprised of a dynamic urban core with sprawling residential suburbs that spill-out toward the fringes of the metroplex. Most of the big city tourist attractions are located in the inner city districts, as is the case with most other major US cities.
Oklahoma City has an exciting history that began in one day with the 1889 Land Run, and after hard times over the years, the city has turned itself around and has become a lively, attractive place to live and to visit. A true Renaissance!
- Pros:New vitality and progressive sense of lively urbanism
- Cons:Still too many self condemning, ultra-conservative, far right-wing residents
- In a nutshell:Oklahoma City is the "Renaissance City"
Oklahoma City has an original (but run down) bus terminal downtown at 421 W Sheridan Ave. Trailways, Jefferson Lines,... more travel advice
Oklahoma City has a modern terminal and is the primary commercial airport in the state, with over 200 flights daily.... more travel advice
Oklahoma City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The City With An Odd Childhood"
- ""Oklahoma City is mighty pretty""
- "Highlights of OKC"
- "The Renaissance City - Oklahoma City"
- "Oklahoma City"
- "National OKC Memorial and Museum"
- "Oklahoma City Looks Oh So Pretty?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oklahoma City
- Hotels in Oklahoma City
- Transportation in Oklahoma City
- Nightlife in Oklahoma City
- Restaurants in Oklahoma City
- Shopping in Oklahoma City
- Warnings and Dangers in Oklahoma City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oklahoma City
- 10 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Oklahoma City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oklahoma City
Photos in Oklahoma CitySee All Photos (7)
Top PagesSee All Travel Pages (1)
No friends yet.