"Thorold, Ontario" Thorold by kalaika
Thorold Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 3 photos
Thorold (2001 population 18,048) is a city on the Welland Canal in the Niagara Region of Ontario.
The canal goes right through the heart of the city, and the lock in the centre of town attracts thousands of tourists a year.
Many regard Thorold as nothing more then a southern suburb of the much larger City of St. Catharines, much to the dismay of local Thorold residents who fight hard to preserve their local identity.
Threat of annexation by St. Catharines led to Thorold incorporating as a city in 1975. It is widely believed that names were taken from tombstones in local cemeteries to provide Thorold with the required population needed to become a city.
Where else could you find this little gem...Mary's Donuts and Chinese! This little cafe is a must see.
Short Hills Provincial Park is a natural environment park. The park is located in the Regional Municipality of Niagara, St. Catharines, Pelham, and Thorold. The park is known for geographic features such as the Niagara Escarpment, and the protected Carolinian Forests. The park is host to many activities including hiking, fishing, bird watching, horseback riding, and mountain biking.
- Pros:My favourite lil town...it will soon become yours!
- Cons:Humidity in summer and cold in winter... but still a fabulous place to visit.
- In a nutshell:It feels like home
kalaika's Related Pages
Thorold Travel Guide
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Thorold
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Thorold?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Thorold
Top 10 Pages
- Victoria Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Riyadh Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Campbell River Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Thorold Intro, 3 photos
- Hawaii (State of) Intro, 1 review, 1 photo
- Comox Intro, 2 photos
- Province of Ontario Intro, 1 photo
- Province of Alberta Intro, 1 photo
- Kelowna Intro, 1 photo
- Grants Pass Intro, 1 photo