"Kanchanaburi" Kanchanaburi by shane_02

Kanchanaburi Travel Guide: 463 reviews and 1,333 photos

Kanchanaburi Experience

Travelled to Kanchanaburi on the 4th Janurary 2005 while on my visit to Thailand from 02-06 Jan 2005. A 1 night trip to the countryside in Kanchanaburi. Though time is short but the experience is plentiful.

Kanchanaburi, a shadow of the past, haunted by the remains of WWII, is full of history and relics left behind during the WWII.

Firstly, i visited the memorial graves of the thousands of Allied soldiers who died building the Death Railway linking Thailand to Japanese occupied Burma. Followed by driving around the Kanchanaburi town and its famous Death Railway. The day ended with me lodging in the tourist congested town of Kanchanaburi, near the Death Railway tracks.

Its an experience that will sorely be felt but never forgotten.

This page is still in process. More pictures will be posted up for views soon. Do come back in a couple of days.

• In a nutshell:Rich in history
  • Last visit to Kanchanaburi: Jan 2005
  • Intro Updated Apr 19, 2005

• Sininen's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2006 at 9:03 PM

Hello Shane! Interesting page on Kanchanburi! Great pictures too. Happy birthday from Finland!

• Wild_Orchid's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2005 at 6:23 PM

a great page with good pics. all the best in your travels!

• BorderHopper's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2005 at 10:05 PM

You've got a great start here on this very historical site in Kanchanaburi. Despite all the time I've spent in Thailand I've yetto see this railroad. Your pics are great and leave me eager to see it for myself one day.

• we2364's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2005 at 7:15 AM

Shane, thanks for your comment on my page. I also visited this bridge probably 7 years when I visit Thailand the first time. But I would love to visit there again as the feeling might be different when I am in a different age. Thanks again!

shane_02

“Life is short. Travel hard !!!”

Badges & Stats in Kanchanaburi

Have you been to Kanchanaburi?

Latest Activity in Kanchanaburi