"Kanchanaburi" Kanchanaburi by shane_02
Kanchanaburi Travel Guide: 472 reviews and 1,365 photos
Travelled to Kanchanaburi on the 4th Janurary 2005 while on my visit to Thailand from 02-06 Jan 2005. A 1 night trip to the countryside in Kanchanaburi. Though time is short but the experience is plentiful.
Kanchanaburi, a shadow of the past, haunted by the remains of WWII, is full of history and relics left behind during the WWII.
Firstly, i visited the memorial graves of the thousands of Allied soldiers who died building the Death Railway linking Thailand to Japanese occupied Burma. Followed by driving around the Kanchanaburi town and its famous Death Railway. The day ended with me lodging in the tourist congested town of Kanchanaburi, near the Death Railway tracks.
Its an experience that will sorely be felt but never forgotten.
This page is still in process. More pictures will be posted up for views soon. Do come back in a couple of days.
- In a nutshell:Rich in history
There are many hotels which is situated beside the River Kwai like the ones shown here. Of course, the higher up the... more travel advice
Thats a view of how the Death Railway track looks like. more travel advice
shane_02's Related Pages
Kanchanaburi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The River Kwai..."
- "The Bridge over River Kwai"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kanchanaburi
- Hotels in Kanchanaburi
- Transportation in Kanchanaburi
- Nightlife in Kanchanaburi
- Restaurants in Kanchanaburi
- Shopping in Kanchanaburi
- Warnings and Dangers in Kanchanaburi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kanchanaburi
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Kanchanaburi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kanchanaburi
Photos in KanchanaburiSee All Photos (6)
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phuket Intro, 109 reviews, 264 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiang Dao Intro, 29 reviews, 72 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taiwan Intro, 6 reviews, 24 photos
- Pulau Bintan Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Kanchanaburi Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos